Weekend Rotation - Mizzou

2,936 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by W
Sea Gull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like it's Long on Friday, Simonds on Saturday, and Kent on Sunday.

Interesting rotation...
CypressAg09
AG
I like it.
Foxo
AG
quote:
Looks like it's Long on Friday, Simonds on Saturday, and Kent on Sunday.

Interesting rotation...
Makes sense since Larkins went long on Tuesday. But, how do you know this?
akrauss16
AG
Childress was on with Gabe on TexAgs Radio
W
AG
I like it. This ensures that Gideon's & Melton's bats are in the lineup for the Friday & Saturday games.

Gives the coaching staff more data/results about the series before committing to the "defense-first" lineup with Kent on Sunday. (i.e. McLendon start at 3rd base)
themissinglink
AG
I like it mostly because of how great our bullpen has looked so far. We have 4 guys (not including simonds) with ERA's below 1 with a minimum of 10 innings pitched. I also think RC has confidence in freeman if we need some long relief. Larkin has been great for a freshman, but I'd feel more confident with him gaining little more experience in mid week starts. Kent's crafty lefty style leaves little margin for error and if he's not on, I'd prefer it be against the opponent's 3rd starter.
KaneIsAble
Goose06
AG
W, my preferred "defensive infield" would be Melton at 3B and Hinsley at 1B. McClendon is not a plus plus 3B (though he is a plus plus 2B). With his bat, you can't put him in to be an average 3B. He just isn't that much better than Melton at 3B. I would suggest having Barash catch Fri/Sat and Nau on Sunday. Then you can have a Sunday lineup that has Gideon as your DH.
West Texan
AG
I love getting Kent back on Sundays. I feel like he gives us a huge benefit over opposing Sunday guys.
PatriotAg02
AG
Happy Simonds is getting a chance to start!
gougler08
AG
Nau catches for Kent each weekend right? As long as I'm not going stupid...do we know why?
Mr.Ackar07
This may fare well for our pitching staff as long as we abstain from mental errors:
quote:
Missouri is hitting .250 as a team, but have been active on the base paths with 42 stolen bases, led by Brett Peel with 15. Brett Bond leads the team in hitting with a .291 average, three home runs and 11 RBI. Josh Lester is batting .289 with two doubles, two triples, two home runs and 21 RBI. Peel is hitting .269 with five doubles, one triple and seven RBI.
12thman.com
SchizoAg
AG
quote:
McClendon is not a plus plus 3B (though he is a plus plus 2B).
Where does this awkward lingo come from? The only possibility that comes to mind is Orwellian doublespeak ("double-plus good").
ComeAndTakeIt22
AG
Comes from the baseball 80 grading scale. Plus plus is generally 70+ and grades as elite.
W
AG
well, a huge start for Kent tomorrow. Must get deep into the game.

will also determine if the Ags can afford to leave Larkins on Tuesday nights
Sea Gull
AG
This is where we are to going to see the effects of having both Minter and Stubblefield out. Very unfortunate to have both guys out at the same time.

A couple of thoughts on Simonds. Was very effective when throwing in the strike zone. The ump wasn't giving him much, but he also needs to get those two strike "waste" pitches out of the dirt. His control was a bit questionable...his best asset is letting them hit it. his pitches seem to have tons of movement, especially at the beginning. He's not going to have a ton of strikeouts, but that's not his game anyhow

All in all: very good first start. He's only going to get better as he adjusts to starting more.
W
AG
superb effort by Kent.

Larkins will be ready for Sam on Tuesday
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.