Concessions are terrible

40,426 Views | 293 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TheDude Abides
Captain Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://texags.com/s/16920/watch-olin-buchanans-soundoff-on-am-concessions/25#discussion

Here ya go, AGTX

If your buddy is in charge of operations, then he can afford the $13 necessary to read this material
1836er
AG
On one hand I'm glad to see new leadership (Yay an Aggie!) coming in, I don't doubt their sincerity in wanting to do a good/better job, and with better leadership there's no reason we couldn't see a modest improvement in the quality of the food/services and a modest improvement in the pricing.

On the other hand, my gut tells me that significant improvements (more than just progressing from "terrible" to let's say, "acceptable") aren't going to be logistically or financially possible within the confines of their existing business model.
Bunk Moreland
that's my fear as well. At the end of the day, he has to work within what Levy is willing to provide, and the contract itself. The entire push towards them was a massive "cost cutting" measure that Sharp signed A&M up with that included massive outsourcing of jobs all over campus. The drop in quality has been just unbelievable though when it comes to concessions.
CDub06
AG
quote:
http://texags.com/s/16920/watch-olin-buchanans-soundoff-on-am-concessions/25#discussion

Here ya go, AGTX

If your buddy is in charge of operations, then he can afford the $13 necessary to read this material
And this one:
http://texags.com/forums/25/topics/2619299/1
CDUB98
AG
The food is ****.
The service is ****.
The prices are ****.

QED
annie88
AG
dchack1971
AG
CDU, I really think you have came up with an excellent summary of the concession problems .
3rd Generation Ag
AG
This issue hurts ticket sales. The food at Reed was so bad, and the times of the games meant we could not drive in and stop to eat, and on the drive home nothing is open that late in the small towns we cross. So after one game this year, we did not go to other games. We won't be coming to baseball for the same reason. IF our schedules allowed us to eat elsewhere and still make the games, we would take in a few weeknight games. 'We made basketball games like this. For a number of years I purchased a six pack. But with the lack of getting decent food, never mind the prices, we made ONE game this year and until a different vendor is handling the food, probably won't go to any games next year. This year one ladies basketball game and one baseball game. Most years several of each.
dchack1971
AG
Nothing will change until the philosophy from the top oks it for sales , service and quality of product , no matter who is put in charge . The bigs obviousily are satisfied with the entire concessions product ( been going on all year ) because nothing has been done to change it .
Agnzona
Demanding excellence is not that freaking hard!
OnlyForNow
AG
Excellence? Who said anything about excellence. Half ass would be better than what they giving us now. People just want a fair shake for what they are paying for and what the options are.
CapCityAg89
AG
So I saw this bumped and thought there'd be commentary on the food at the Box. We know the food at BBP/Reid/Kyle sucks. Any attendees today want to comment?
Poeag
AG
^was curious myself? Saw they had acme oysters as a sponsor, I wonder if they serve some there at the park?
CDUB98
AG
TTT
TheDude Abides
This is very disappointing. I hope your complaints are heard and taken seriously.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.