Concessions are terrible

40,446 Views | 293 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TheDude Abides
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not only A rise in prices, the food was terrible. They got rid of the fajita stand so they can charge $10 for crap nachos. Same crap at Reed.

This new company running concessions isn't very good. The quality at Olsen has definitely declined since the remodel.
Captain Pablo
AG
Why does A&M trot out such sorry concession services?

Because they can?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Because they can?

Same crap several major other schools use like tOSU.
AgFlyer83
AG
Over priced. The University is raking 30% of the revenue. That is how they get repaid for the big upfront payment they received. A&M gets millions for whatever and loyal ags that patronize them get to pay it back. Even worse if you are a student with a mandatory meal plan, but I digress.
Buck Compton
AG
Got rid of the foot long, no fajitas, pulled pork was awful, everything got expensive. No more for me.
PatriotAg02
AG
Aw hell naw!!!
BQ_90
AG
quote:

Because they can?
Probable so. Can't wait for the crap at new Kyle next year
Bunk Moreland
Another ****ty job by the AD
Lance Uppercut
AG
Drinks went up too? That was the last thing left that I'd buy.
ZoneClubber
AG
Agreed.
The 3rd party vendors (Chik Fil A, Double Daves) are much better options. We need more of those not less.
TempleAg97
AG
This is sad because I remember when Olsen remodeled and everyone was excited about the new offerings. I didn't go to the concessions last night but had to at Reed last week (and probably will tonight) and that was AWFUL and embarrassingly EXPENSIVE.
BQ_90
AG
I thought they where getting booted after this season?
ProudAg16
AG
What happened to the cinnamon roasted nuts?!?! Those were my go-to every game!
aggietoolman
AG
Yes, I remembered how many looked forward to the many new options when they opened the park. Had the pulled pork last night. That used to be decent, but no more. Had to wait five/ten minutes for it and came out cold.

The fajita nachos were the best thing that they ever had. The crap that they call nachos now is disgusting.

Someone did post on this site during football season that the contracts with the outside vendors were going to expire after this season and not be renewed. Those are the only items left outside of the pure ice cream that is worth getting.

And as far as ice cream goes, it seems that they've done away with the root beer floats.

My suggestion is to save your money and eat before/after or sneak in your own food. Until they get rid of this new vendor you will be throwing away money for garbage. I guess I should be thankful for the money I'll be saving the the calories that I'll be avoiding.

To me it seemed like far fewer people were eating concessions last night, but I may be wrong.
Great2BeAnAGGIE
AG
You can thank John Sharp and his band of let's outsource everything at TAMU.

Lance Uppercut
AG
The concessions were supposed to be a big deal when the park first opened. Is the deal that they got a smaller cut of better concessions before and opted for a bigger cut of worse concessions?

I guess it's not a surprise, but the popcorn at Reed comes pre-popped in big trash bags that sit on the floor. Then they heat it up in the thing that looks like a popper.
BQ_90
AG
quote:

I'm sure they've always been outsourced.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
The concessions were supposed to be a big deal when the park first opened. Is the deal that they got a smaller cut of better concessions before and opted for a bigger cut of worse concessions?

I guess it's not a surprise, but the popcorn at Reed comes pre-popped in big trash bags that sit on the floor. Then they heat it up in the thing that looks like a popper.

I haven't been this year but tbe footling with chili cheese and pulled pork kicked ass. The blue bell was well blue bell so of course good. The fajitas down the line were tasty for a park. I'd say they were a big deal when it opened. Now... I guess things changed. Hopefully the club is still tasty and the beer on tap plentiful.
mullokmotx
AG
People at the last softball game yesterday didn't have to worry about buying bad food because the concession stand was closed during the game.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Our AD is a joke.
FightingAggie
AG
Didn't the Chartwells deal a few years back include concessions?
KVK77TexAg
AG
Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up that food, and service, will be better in the South Zone next FB season. Already complained about that and stopped buying anything but water. Really sad to spend $485 Million on the redevelopment of Kyle, plus whatever we spent to redo Olsen and what we will spend to upgrade Softball IF we are going to have bad, cold food and terribly slow service. Our AD, Chancellor and new Prez should take a tour of all the venues in the SEC and sample what, and how, they offer. I bet they would find out that our is the worst in the entire SEC. What an embarrassment!!! #EricHyman #JohnSharp @tamusystem

Capitol Ag
AG
Guess I'll be sneaking in a few Quest Bars when I go in a few weeks. Disappointing to hear. I wasn't too floored by what they had at football games either. Not for the money at least.

Edit: wrong emoticon.
rc_cat
I didn't spend much on baskeball/baseball/softball concessions (maybe $150 a year), but that's $150 they're not getting from me this year. The markup on a $3 bottle of water was already ridiculously high - the idea that they felt it should cost $4 instead is laughable. The aggie dog was in no way a $3 hot dog - but I could at least feel like I was doing a little to support the system. $4 though? No. Everyone has a line they won't cross, and the concessions people found mine.
old yeller
AG
quote:

yeah, because concessions were great until he got here. Good lord.
dabo man
AG
I wrote $Bill a letter in 2003 after I cut my thumb scraping the salt off of a "soft" pretzel. I hit a "sharp edge," and it drew blood. His reply, we aren't happy with our current vendor (then Aramark), and the food will be better next year.
Frok
AG
Aggie sports are pretty much a ripoff in general if you look at the price verses the level of success.
Great2BeAnAGGIE
AG
Aramark had the concessions and they were awful so they moved concessions under the athletic department and they were much better and at least would try to listen to the fans and make changes.
I think a year ago they rolled concessions into the Chartwell contract and now the food sucks again.
Aggie
AG
I just got a drink last night but did notice the price increase.
And yes the beat thing at Olsen was the Fajita nachos and they we're worth the $7 they charged. With those gone I won't be spending too much $ on concession.

It still blows my mind they don't have lids and straws for drinks . Thousands of kids attend games and I have heard others ask for lids / straws for their kids and yet year after year they don't have them.

Foxo
AG
Luckily, I never go to the game to eat.
AgFlyGuy
AG
No straws allowed...so I always steal a "spoon" from the sno-cone stand and cut the end off. I don't understand that rule.
victory
AG
Not surprising...A&M does all they can to rip off their fan base
Bocephus
AG
quote:
Guess I shouldn't get my hopes up that food, and service, will be better in the South Zone next FB season. Already complained about that and stopped buying anything but water. Really sad to spend $485 Million on the redevelopment of Kyle, plus whatever we spent to redo Olsen and what we will spend to upgrade Softball IF we are going to have bad, cold food and terribly slow service. Our AD, Chancellor and new Prez should take a tour of all the venues in the SEC and sample what, and how, they offer. I bet they would find out that our is the worst in the entire SEC. What an embarrassment!!! #EricHyman #JohnSharp @tamusystem

I thought the food in the South Zone was a huge improvement
W
AG
the big fly nacho is $10

the souvenir cup soda is $5.50
aggietoolman
AG
Does appear less people are buying food. Didn't see many people in line right before the game.

Also noticed it seems like they have a paid employee who's sole job is to watch overs the condiment carts, but not sure why/how. Yesterday a guy was standing overe one cart. A gentleman said the next cart over needed more napkins. The employee said that wasn't his job and just stood over that one cart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.