Scrimmage Game

3,197 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Bernie13
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Today at 3:00

Maroon:
Allemand 6
Birk 4
Nau 2
Nottebrok 3/5
Moroney 8 (9?)
Taylor 7
Melton 5/3
Choruby 8
Collins DH
Long 1
Whiting 1

White:
Moss 7
Kopetsky 8
Banks 9
Gideon 5
Hinsley 3
McLendon 6/4
Barash 2
Bedford 4/2
Tater (?) goes to 6 when McLendon goes to 4
Minter 1
Gonzalez 1

Long vs. Minter Thursday at 3:00 pm. Kent vs. Larkin 's Friday at 3:00. Hill vs. Simonds on Saturday noon start.
deh40
AG
Went out and watched part of it and got rewarded with a parking ticket.
Foxo
AG
That also happened to me once. I had a friends parking pass but did not know that all spaces in the baseball lot were not equal. What made me mad was that it was pouring rain, the stadium was almost empty and no one wanted the damn spot. I raised hell and finally got them to make the ticket go away. Didn't really matter since I am not a student and seldom get to College Station.

Did you figure out who Tater is?
deh40
AG
It was pretty much empty today. I parked way down by right field gate near RV spots so not in anyone's way. About ten other cars around me also ticketed. I have a feeling they belonged to many of the scouts at practice.
Sea Gull
AG
Thoughts from the game?
deh40
AG
Minter threw three very good innings then got ltouched up for four runs in his fourth inning. Probably 20 scouts there appearing focused on him. Missed Longs first inning, but it was 2-0 when I got there. He threw a couple of good innings while i was there then took a line drive off his hand (it looked like he deflected it, but still left to ice it). Gonzales looked pretty good in relief of Minter. Defense looked solid, only saw one throwing error
zagman
AG
Second pitcher to get hurt on the mound. I am starting to worry. I hope it is not one of those years.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Peat
Long's hand is not broken. Good news. Forefinger was swollen after the game, but shouldn't miss much time. Got a ticket also and I am a grandpa trying to watch them scrimmage. What a joke.
NewAggieBallFan
For all those who got a ticket, we used to go to the transportation office near Kyle and buy a parking pass for $5. We did that for 3 fall seasons and in the spring before the season started.
Ryan C. Whittenberg
AG
quote:
That also happened to me once. I had a friends parking pass but did not know that all spaces in the baseball lot were not equal. What made me mad was that it was pouring rain, the stadium was almost empty and no one wanted the damn spot. I raised hell and finally got them to make the ticket go away. Didn't really matter since I am not a student and seldom get to College Station.

Did you figure out who Tater is?
Tater is the team manager. Occasionally the managers get to scrimmage to save arms and such
Lance Uppercut
AG
The only threat they used before was if you wanted to get your transcript from A&M they would hold it hostage until you paid your fee. I'm sure someone will come on here and know better that had their car repossessed for not paying one.

There's an appeals process that might get you some leeway and they also take some money off for early payment. Before, they used to have career fair recruiters parking on the side of Reed no one parks on in some of its thousands of empty spots. This past week at the engineering recruiting fair, they had a lot down the road they would shuttle recruiters to Reed from or you could pay to park. I'd like to know the logic behind that.
deh40
AG
is this a daily pass you buy for $5?
Football31
Any reason why A&M doesn't do an alumni game?
futureaggievet
Is there a scrimmage today?
dirkjones
AG
Because we have no alumni, just former students
Football31
Why doesn't A&M do a former students game?
Lance Uppercut
AG
They used to, and not that long ago I thought
NewAggieBallFan
Yes, you have to pay for a daily pass which costs $5.
Bernie13
They just had a former players baseball game this past fall.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.