SEC TV Deal Will Be Game-Changer

6,410 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Captain Pablo
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.d1baseball.com/analysis/sec-tv-deal-game-changer/
Captain Pablo
AG
Directv says hello

Oh wait, no they dont...
Agsncws
AG
Directv says hello before the end of the season if not much sooner. Not that big a deal.
TempleAg97
AG
It will be great eventually but for someone like me who has Time Warner this sucks royally. I've been used to seeing nearly every game. Now I get ten.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
Directv says hello before the end of the season if not much sooner. Not that big a deal.

Before the end of the season?

Yeah, in the context of crowing about 400 televised games, I'd say it's a big deal if it's not up and running until well into the season
Agsncws
AG
So, because its not up and fully functional over the entire course of the season for everyone in the country; then the university, SEC, ESPN and everyone associated with college baseball should just hush up and hang their heads in shame? You do realize there are plenty of cable and internet subscribers who have 100% access from the very first day, right? Should we not tell those people because there are some that dont have access right away?
Captain Pablo
AG
Yeah I said none of that

My post was related to DirecTv subscribers only, who because of foot dragging by either DTV, ESPN, or both lack access indefinitely

So, it actually is kind of a big deal to those who do not have access because it is certainly not up and running --- for those subscribers

Any other stupid stuff you wanna Make up?
Captain Pablo
AG
Agsncws
AG
"In the context of crowing about" - your words not mine. My 2nd response was in direct response to those words.

Any other stupid things you want to say?
Agsncws
AG
Congrats on taking it to a personal level unprovoked. Stand proud bud. Im done.
Rocco S
quote:
It will be great eventually but for someone like me who has Time Warner this sucks royally. I've been used to seeing nearly every game. Now I get ten.
Oh really. Remember when you used to call out people who complained about not being able to see our football games on TV, back when we were in the big12 and had a crap TV deal that kept a lot of our games off tv? Now look at you.

Besides, if you had done 10 seconds of research, you'd know time warner gives you watch espn access, which means you'll get all the games online.

[url]
http://www.timewarnercable.com/en/apps.html
[/url]
DirecTV will have WatchEspn before the season starts. If you don't have a cable provider and want access, just borrow someone's cable log in.
TempleAg97
AG
You can NOT watch the SEC network on your iPhone or online if you have Time Warner on the ESPN app or any other way at this time.
MidTnAg
AG
Can a person watch the SEC network on Galaxy 5 with Verizon?
Captain Pablo
AG
Mid,

I don't think so but I'm not sure

I think Verizon does offer broadband (non 4g) in some places, and if you are a subscriber, you get all watchespn affiliates

however, I don't think simply having a verizon phone and data plan gets you access

I could be wrong, so check with Verizon

Rocco S
quote:
You can NOT watch the SEC network on your iPhone or online if you have Time Warner on the ESPN app or any other way at this time.

Do you have cable tv with them or just Internet?
BQ_90
AG
Probable just intenet. I'm the same way with Suddenlink. I only have internet and can't watch the ESPN app. I have Directv and hope that gets going soon.

But like mentioned before "borrow" a log in
Capt_Crunch 14
AG
This may not be the best place to ask this but where would one find the 2015 tv schedule for the Ags?

Disregard I found it on another thread.
Expert Analysis
AG
Get dish network, they have full watch espn access right now. it was a miracle that directv got the sec tv network from the start. thier contract was up with espn in December and they added the full package including all of watch espn. I have no idea how it takes months to give access.
TempleAg97
AG
Rocco-I have cable tv and internet with Time Warner. Why?
Rocco S
If you get the SEC Network on your cable TV lineup, with Time Warner, you can access it and SECN+ on WatchESPN.
EMY92
AG
quote:
Can a person watch the SEC network on Galaxy 5 with Verizon?
Depends on your cable provider, not your cell service provider.

If you have Dish (or any other carrier that has the full WatchESPN access), then you would be able to use the WatchESPN app to watch the games on your phone. I believe the only major ones that would prevent you from watching it on your phone at this time are DirectTV and Time Warner.
EMY92
AG
quote:
If you get the SEC Network on your cable TV lineup, with Time Warner, you can access it and SECN+ on WatchESPN.
Time Warner doesn't have SECN+ access.
MSU/SECALUM
DIRECTV is expected to offer WatchESPN beginning in late February or early March and will be available on DIRECTV everywhere shortly thereafter.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
DIRECTV is expected to offer WatchESPN beginning in late February or early March and will be available on DIRECTV everywhere shortly thereafter.

Wut?
Rocco S
quote:
quote:

SECN+ is Internet based through WatchEspn and espn3.com. It's not a cable tv channel.

The time warner cable website I linked above specifically states their customers have access to it.
Ferg
I just bought a Roku 3 so I can get WatchESPN(SEC Network+) on my TV, just in time for Baseball Season.
( I have Uverse by the way)
Captain Pablo
AG
Amazon stick here

Hope DirecTv and ESPN get their act together so I'll have a use for it
LOYAL AG
AG
It appears as if Time Warner is the real problem here. Shocking that a cable company wouldn't be interested in providing more content. Switch to Direct. Oh, and I'm a Dish subscriber now but will be switching back to Direct next summer when this contract is up. Not happy with Dish. Too many part time HD channels.
Aggieangler93
AG
If you are a Time Warner Customer, and you buy a $35 chromecast unit from Best Buy, and your TV has a USB and 1 free HDMI port, you can watch anything from SEC+.
EMY92
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

SECN+ is Internet based through WatchEspn and espn3.com. It's not a cable tv channel.

The time warner cable website I linked above specifically states their customers have access to it.
I know that it's not a TV channel, but you must have a cable/sat. provider that has access to the online SECN+ in their package.

DirecTV is supposed to get that shortly.

Time Warner customers do not have access to SECN+ and from what Jason Cook has posted, the process for TWC to add it is complicated due to their pending merger with Comcast.
Captain Pablo
AG
quote:
If you are a Time Warner Customer, and you buy a $35 chromecast unit from Best Buy, and your TV has a USB and 1 free HDMI port, you can watch anything from SEC+.

I don't think so

Not legally anyway
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.