Stubb hurt?

4,991 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Sandman98
dirkjones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody at the scrimmage Saturday when Tyler Stubb hurt his leg? I'm hearing he may have torn ACL.
Peat
Hurt on a ball chopped back over his head. He attempted to make the play and landed awkwardly on his left leg. Stayed down for awhile but then got up and tried to throw but was unable to push off his back leg. Supposed to have an MRI today.
MINNESOTAAGGIE
Hoping the MRI is negative!!
Bunk Moreland
Please be nothing serious.
dirkjones
AG
Surgery tomorrow
Gabe Bock
AG
Tyler Stubblefield has a torn ACL. Surgery coming soon. Three-month recovery. He has his mind set on getting back in time for the stretch run in May. If not, he'll take a medical redshirt and will be back in 2016 as a sophomore.

Tough blow for the Aggies, to say the least.
Bunk Moreland
serious, serious blow.

I know it makes no difference to his MLB clock whether he can play in May or take the redshirt, but I hope like hell he is not rushed back for his sake.
ghostof8SEConds
AG
Ugh. That hurts
FightingAggie
AG
Get well soon.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Man, that's a big blow. He looked like he was our Friday starter and had some of the best looking stuff on the team last year when he was on. Starting pitching was already a question mark.
ProudAg16
AG
Get better, T Stubb. This one hurts.
MINNESOTAAGGIE
Dang this news sucks. I have no doubt Tyler will come back stronger than ever and be the leader of the staff whether it is the end of this season or the start of next season. We have some very talented pitchers on the roster so I am confident that the next man up will get the job done in the meantime.

Gig 'em
zagman
AG
This really hurts our pitching this year. We will have to see who is going to step up. I thought this team had a chance to be the best since we entered the SEC.
Full Speed Ahead - Fire At Will - Gig'em

"I have never enjoyed any position more than being president of Texas A&M University." Robert Gates 11/08/06
Bernie13
It is a big blow but if it makes anyone feel better, the '89 team lost it's Friday night starter after the first game of the season. In steps a freshman Ronnie Allen and off to a 40-1 start. Next man just needs to step up!
It can be done so lets stay positive!!!! Get well soon Stubb!
ensign_beedrill
AG
Was looking forward to seeing him play this year. Prayers for a successful recovery.
hstubby
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the kind words and encouragement for Tyler. He is doing fine and ready to start the road back. He loves that team and all the 12th man. He is in very good hands and I know he will come back stronger and better! God has a plan!
Thanks again and God Bless to all!

GIG'EM
Aggie
AG
quote:
It is a big blow but if it makes anyone feel better, the '89 team lost it's Friday night starter after the first game of the season. In steps a freshman Ronnie Allen and off to a 40-1 start. Next man just needs to step up!

Refresh my memory.. Who was the Friday night starter that got injured in '89?
Pat Sweet was the Friday stater for the season.. Ronnie Allen was the Sunday starter.
Bernie13
Randy Pryor got hurt. Keith Langston pitched the middle game.
victory
AG
quote:

not be bee too much a glass is half empty person....but the '89 team didn't have to hit with BBCOR and had hitters with power and high averages 1-9. They could outscore anybody
Bernie13
quote:
quote:

not be bee too much a glass is half empty person....but the '89 team didn't have to hit with BBCOR and had hitters with power and high averages 1-9. They could outscore anybody
YOu don't have to tell me. I'm still pickn splinters outa my ass 25 years later from riding the pine!
fortworthaggie
Heard, Boomer White just had surgery.. Was this the plan all along to leave an excellent baseball program where he lead the Big 12. Is he gone after surgery ??
dirkjones
AG
Boomer was sitting out this year anyway due to transfer rules.
TAMU1990
AG
Isn't that why you recruit? Yes it stinks but someone will step up. It's an opportunity for someone (not an excuse).
Lance Uppercut
AG
Literally no one made any kind of 'excuse' statement.
Bernie13
The coaches and players won't make any excuses. I hope we don't as a fan base.
W
AG
ouch, tough news. Hopefully he can come back before the end of the season.

perhaps in hindsight now...not all bad that the Ags are playing a rather manageable non-conference schedule for the first month of the season
ftworthag02
AG
Get well soon stubb & boomer!!!
Sandman98
AG
quote:
Isn't that why you recruit? Yes it stinks but someone will step up. It's an opportunity for someone (not an excuse).

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy. There are plenty of threads for you to be you. This is not one of them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.