Section 210 @ Olsen

981 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by croakies
croakies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needs some help, Ags. I sent this to a few of you already via DM, but want to get as much feedback as possible. I'd like to pull the trigger on a set of 2015 season tickets and the only thing left is section 210. I have yet to sit up there so I have a few questions to help me make a decision. About the only thing I have found already is that you are in the shade beginning around 2p.

-- Overall thoughts on Section 210?
-- Do these seats have backs or are they flat bench?
-- I haven't really paid enough attention in the past, but I feel like I remember this being near the visitors? If so, how has the experience been?
-- There are several rows with aisle seats available next to section 211. Is there any benefit of being down low (row 4) or up high (row 9+)?
-- How is the availability year-to-year? Would it be worth buying these for 2015 to try and move to better seats next year?

Thanks for your help and input; it's much appreciated.
Bunk Moreland
1) We love 210. Although there is not a bad section in Olsen, IMO.

2) The seats have backs. Aluminum bench/back rows.

3) 211 houses the bulk of the visitors. We sat on the aisle of that side last season, so right next to them. Experience was great, even the rowdier fans like LSU. Early in the season was a lot of fun talking to the visitors of the smaller northern schools. For those smaller schools from far away, it's only family of the players/coaches, so some great people to talk to about their program, etc.

4) No benefit to being down low, IMO. We made that mistake last year, and you get incredibly annoyed by idiotic fans walking in front of you. Unless you are probably 5 or 6 rows up, they will block your view. And it's throughout the inning. I am not super dbag like some on the 1st base line with walking up and down between innings...but the constant stopping, looking, picture taking, waiting on friends to come up and just blocking the view gets tiresome. Avoid the low rows like the plague. It's a trap.

5) I think it's smart to get tickets now, and then you can move to better ones next year. That's what we did this past year, and we were able to move to seats we much prefer this year. If you renew, but ask to move seats, they will contact you prior to placing the new season ticket holders and tell you what they have in different areas.

Also, be sure to watch out for the rows that have obstructions in them(like the stairway cut out or the big pad up top for video cameras). You can work around them and be fine, but if you are placed right next to it, it will be an obstruction.
croakies
AG
Thanks for the info, Bunk. Just what I was looking for!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.