Summer Baseball (2015)

38,095 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Foxo
twk
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Mengden was a two way player his first year.

GWHR and the save in a game at Stillwater, IIRC.
Foxo
AG
Final Matsu Alaska regular season stats:

C. Martin (1-1) 16 G, 0 GS, 21.2 IP, 11 hits, 12 walks, 27 Ks, 2 runs, 0 er, 0.00 ERA, 0157 BAA, 1.10 Whip

B. Hill (2-2) 7 G, 5 GS, 36.0 IP, 17 hits, 11 walks, 37 Ks, 7 runs, 6 er, 1.50 ERA, 0.135 BAA, 0.78 Whip

K. Simonds (5-0) 8 G, 6 GS, 40.2 IP, 30 hits, 15 walks, 12 runs, 8 er, 1.77 ERA, 0.219 BAA, 1.13 Whip

Final Cape Cod regular season stats:

T. Larkins (0-3) 6 G, 6 S, 26.2 IP, 30 hits, 11 walks, 14 Ks, 17 runs, 16 er, 5.40 ERA, 0.275 BAA, 1.54 Whip

LF B. White 0.212 BA (team 0.240)

2B R. Birk 0.189 BA (team 0.258), 1 HR (2 HRs in playoffs)

CCL regular season stats:

OF JB Moss 0.348 , (team 0.271), 2HR

Coastal Plains regular season stats:

CF N. Choruby 0.299 (team 0.262), 19 of 22 SB

OF M. Collins 0.282 (team 0.246), 21 of 26 SB

C C. Bedford 0.165 (team 0.246) 2 HR (2nd on team)

BurnetAggie99
Yes never understood why Melton didn't toe the rubber for A&M. Was a good pitcher in HS & Summer League ball. RC let Blake play both ways this past year and DM did it his freshman year.
MMantle
AG
Different situations, Melton's a full-time starting position player, BK and DM weren't.

RR
BurnetAggie99
I thought DM was a full time player. Didn't he start in the Outfield when he wasn't pitching. He also batted when he was pitching in his freshman year.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Different situations, Melton's a full-time starting position player, BK and DM weren't.

RR
Melton wasn't a starting player in his first season for the first couple of months. He did pitch in the fall, so I guess he didn't earn a spot in the rotation.
MMantle
AG
Didn't express myself very well.

The fact that Melton will be a full-time starting position player next year, and fill a critical spot in the batting order, will make it more difficult for him to do both jobs, i.e., pitch and play 1B.

It was easier for Mengden and Kopetsky because both were part-time position players.

RR
Goose06
AG
Correct. Brooks Raley was the last guy we had who was heavily utilized in both a pitching and position player role and he drastically tailed off late in that season. Before that, there was Scott Beerer but he played a lot of DH.
Foxo
AG
quote:
Yes never understood why Melton didn't toe the rubber for A&M. Was a good pitcher in HS & Summer League ball. RC let Blake play both ways this past year and DM did it his freshman year.
Kopetsky is a lefty and we needed another lefty in the bull pen.
MMantle
AG
Slight difference, Brooks was a starting pitcher, it was easy for him to get ready / loose, he had plenty of time, before start of game.

Scott was late inning reliever, tough for him to get ready, not much time, especially when he was playing LF.

If Melton is short man, he'll have same challenges as Beerer, getting warmed up.

RR
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Didn't express myself very well.

The fact that Melton will be a full-time starting position player next year, and fill a critical spot in the batting order, will make it more difficult for him to do both jobs, i.e., pitch and play 1B.

It was easier for Mengden and Kopetsky because both were part-time position players.

RR

I don't think it's a given that Melton is an everyday starter. The staff is bringing in a lot of competition in the fall. I think Barash, Banks, and White are the only players you can pencil into the batting order. The other six spots are up for grabs.
MMantle
AG
Impressive.

Then, next year will be a good team, a very good team, if you can sit a .300 hitter, who hit in the 5-hole in your order, and played very good defensively at 1B.

RR
Foxo
AG
Not my usual optimistic self. I see next year's team making regionals, probably hosting, but not going past last year's regional championship team.
dirkjones
AG
I doubt Melton will sit at all and I really bet we do not see him take the mound, even in the fall.
Foxo
AG
Final NWL stats for regular season:

3B R. Gideon 0.218 8 HRs

SP/RP K. Chafin 6 games, 3 starts, 23.2 IP, 25 hits, 6 walks, 20 Ks, 4.18 ERA

SP M. Ecker 1 game, 1 start, 5.0 IP, 3 hits, 3 walks, 4 Ks, 1.80 ERA

Final TCL stats for regualar season

RP Kopetsky 7 games, 0 starts, 10.0 IP, 7 hits, 3 walks, 9 Ks, 1.80 ERA

RF Kopetsky 0.297 (team 0.287)

LF Davis 0.278, 14 walks, 16 Ks, 36 official AB

2B/SS Homan 0.353 limited playing time
Foxo
AG
Alaska Baseball League top 5 prospects: Corbin Martin, rhp, Texas A&M; Zach Warren, lhp, Tennessee; Nick Meservey, lhp, Seattle; Brick Paskiewicz, rhp/of, Grand Canyon; Connor Menez, lhp, Masters College.

Texas Collegiate League top 5 prospects: Tyler Stubblefield, lhp, Texas A&M; Garrett Benge, 3b/1b, Oklahoma State*; Garrett Hope, c, SIGNED/Dodgers; Ethan Landon, rhp, Michigan State; Dakota Mekkes, rhp, Michigan State.

Foxo
AG
League Ratings

Tier League

1 Team USA
1 Cape Cod

2 Northwoods
2 New England
2 Alaska
2 Coastal Plain
2 California
2 West Coast

3 Atlantic
3 Cal Ripken
3 Florida
3 Futures
3 Golden State
3 Great Lakes
3 Hamptons
3 Jayhawk
3 Perfect Game
3 Prospect
3 Texas
3 Valley

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.