Wacha...Tough Night

2,783 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Psych
Luke The Drifter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ouch...

BANA89
AG
Says a lot that the coach had the confidence to put him in that situation, but shouldn't have done so with 20 days off. Dumb move.

He's a tough kid and he'll bounce back.

BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
KC Aggie
AG
I went to bed before the game was over. Just saw the replay this morning. Torbush! Irony is that former Royal Jeremy Affeldt was the winning pitcher for SF. Well, no I-70 series this time. Two teams of destiny playing for it all. Go Royals!
"Morons. I've got morons on my team."
Mr.Ackar07
I think that if San Francisco wins the World Series, that Brandon Hicks would receive a ring even though he is no longer with the team.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I believe you're correct. Anyone who was associated with or on the 40-man roster of the WS winning team at any point in the season is (I think) eligible to get a ring. Good chance I'm wrong...but I think I'm right on this one.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
jkag89
He should get a ring, I'm positive he will get a partial World Series players share win or lose.
ColoradoMooseHerd
I think the team votes on who get a ring and if they get a cut of the postseason winnings regarding players no longer on the 40 man.
Mr.Ackar07
This is from Wiki in regards to player shares:

quote:
Postseason bonuses[edit]

There are three factors that determine the actual amount of bonus money paid to any individual player: 1) the size of the bonus pool; 2) their team's success in the season/post-season; and, 3) the share of the pool assigned to the individual player.

How the Bonus Pool is determined[edit]

There is a separate pool for each series the Wild Card games, the Division Series, the League Championship Series, and the World Series. The player's bonus pool is funded with 60% of the gate receipts for each of the Wild Card games, the first three games of each Division Series, the first four games of each LCS and the first four games of the World Series; limiting the funding for the pool to these games, the minimum number in each series, removes incentive to extend the series for merely fiscal sake. The value of the gate is determined by the size of the venues, the amount of high-priced premium seating in the venues, the number of games played in the series and whether or not the games sell out. Ticket prices for each series are set by MLB, not the home teams, so they are relatively uniform across baseball.

How much the winner and loser receives from each pool[edit]

The World Series winner gets 36%, the World Series loser gets 24%, both League Championship Series losers get 12%, the four Division Series losers get 3.25%, and the two Wild Card playoff losers get 1.5%.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_postseason#cite_note-2][2][/url]

How the team's share of the pool is divided[edit]

The player shares are voted upon by the players that were on the team during the entire regular season in a meeting chaired by their union representative. This meeting follows the trade deadline on July 31. Players who were with the team for the full season automatically receive a full share.[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_postseason#cite_note-3][3][/url] Anyone else, including players who have not been with the team for a full season, coaches, or trainers may be granted a full share, less than a full share, a cash award, or no share as a result of the vote by the full season players. The pool of money is split according to the shares determined in the vote. There is no limit to the number of shares that may be granted, but a greater number of shares dilutes the value of each share, and consequently the amount each player is awarded.

As an example, playoff pool full share holders for the St. Louis Cardinals received $362,183.97 each when the team won the World Series in 2006.

No mention of WS rings. I do remember that when the Giants beat the Rangers, Bengie Molina was guaranteed a ring because the Giants had voted to award a ring to any player on the 40 man roster during the season; Bengie just happened to be traded to the Rangers during the year.
Tex100
AG
They way Wacha was constantly squinting at the catcher, I thought he may need glasses.
Aggies
Sure hated to see Wacha get beat like that. Hopefully he will be back
stronger next year.
jkag89
Wacha was put into a tough spot primarily due to the failure of the rest of the Redbird bullpen. Starters have bad innings, as long as he is right physically, I doubt this has any lingering effects.
W
AG
bad karma for the 2015 season?
Bernie13
Cardinal Nation not blaming Wacha at all. We actually wanted him to start game 5 with Waino having problems. Wacha is very much loved up here and I know there are no bad feelings about him. If they had not gone to him and lossed, people were ready to go crazy. Yes, a tough spot but we wanted him in there. Next year, if healthy, he will be one of our best pitchers, NO DOUBT!!!!
Psych
AG
quote:
They way Wacha was constantly squinting at the catcher, I thought he may need glasses.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.