Fall BASEBALL

34,156 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HECUBUS
Ryan C. Whittenberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yes. And yes. Front gate was opened yesterday
75AG
AG
Can you park at Olsen?
Foxo
AG
  • exas A&M Baseball @Aggie_Baseball hours ago
  • Kent allowed 1 run on 3 hits while striking out 5 over 6.0 IP.
  • Moss, White, Nottebrok, Taylor, Hinsley and McLendon each had multiple hits.

• Texas A&M Baseball @Aggie_Baseball

• The Farmers poured it on with an 11-1 win today to take a 2-0 lead over the Plowboys in the Maroon and White Championship Series.

• + + +
  • Hendrix took the loss.

• #article-videos {
    display: none;
    }
    COLLEGE STATION, Texas The Farmers pounded out 16 hits to register an 11-1 win over the Plowboys in Game Two of the Maroon and White Championship Series on Tuesday afternoon at Blue Bell Park.

The victory gave the Farmers a 2-0 lead in the best-of-three series.

The Farmers hit parade included six players with multiple hits, including Logan Taylor (3-for-4), JB Moss (2-for-3, one double, two stolen bases), Boomer White (2-for-3, one double, two runs, three RBI, two stolen bases, Logan Nottebrok (2-for-3, two runs, , one double two RBI), GR Hinsley (2-for-4, one double) and Patrick McLendon (2-for-4, one double, one RBI).

Matt Kent worked 6.0 innings for the Farmers to pick up the win. He yielded one run on three hits and one walk while striking out five.

The Farmers struck first with a run in the top of the first. Moss served as the catalyst, drawing a one-out walk, stealing second and scoring on a throwing error after an infield single by Taylor.

The Plowboys tied the game in the bottom of the second. Mitchell Nau hit leadoff double and Nick Banks followed with a single to put runners on the corners. With one out, Banks worked into a rundown on a double steal attempt and Nau scored the equalizer.

It was all Farmers the last five innings.

In the fourth Nottebrok drew a leadoff walk, moved on a wild pitch, advanced to third on a Taylor single and scored on a wild pitch.

The Farmers plated two in the fifth with an RBI single by White and an RBI double by Nottebrok for the 4-1 lead.

The game was put out of reach with a seven-run sixth by the Farmers. The inning featured nine hits, including two singles by Hinsley. White had a two-run double and Allemand, Nottebrok, Hinsley, Patrick McLendon and Blake Kopetsky all had RBI singles.

The Farmers won the first game of the series with an historic comeback on Monday. With the Plowboys leading 9-4 in the bottom of the sixth, the Farmers logged six runs to post a 10-9 win. Nottebrok delivered the final blow with a two-run home run. Allemand went 4-for-4 with one single and White went 3-for-4 with two runs, one double, one home run and four RBI.

Game three of the series is slated for 3 pm on Wednesday with "if necessary" games on Thursday and Friday.
  • MINNESOTAAGGIE
    Thanks for the PBP Lance! Much appreciated

Gig 'em
    dirkjones
    AG

Expert Analysis
    AG
    Farmers dominated today and got the sweep.
    Lance Uppercut
    AG
    I got to the game late again today, and I think that was Larkins who was still in for the for the Farmers. It looked like he had some zip on his stuff, and the batters for the Plowboys didn't seem to get much going against him or Freeman.
    Falcon85
    AG
    Lance and Hop,

How do you see the competition for CF shaping up between Moss and Chourby?
    dirkjones
    AG
    From stats, Moss has been on fire batting .600 during the three game world series.
    ProudAg16
    AG
    From what I've seen so far, Choruby has a little more range, but Moss brings a little more to the plate. That being said, I think JB is in a better position currently. Strictly my opinion through 4 scrimmages I've been to this fall.
    ProudAg16
    AG
    JB still has good range as well, though.
    Foxo
    AG
    Even though the world series is over, I guess they are still playing today as a lineup has been posted ... not the same personnel split as before.

MIA .. Hayden Howard. He left his Alaska team early. Is he no longer with the team? I thought he had a lot of potential.
    Lance Uppercut
    AG
    I would pretty much steal what ProudAg said. This is from the last writeup:

quote:
    Over the three-game series, the Farmers batted .385 (37-for-96) led by Boomer White (.700), JB Moss (.600), Logan Nottebrok (.556) and Blake Allemand (.500) who all hit .500 or higher.

I don't know much about the speed of the new guys that are up for the outfield, but from what I know of the past guys Choruby is some of the only speed you can add to the lineup. Allemand is one of the few others. And with White having to sit a year (right?), I don't see why Moss can't play left while Choruby was in center. Moss' name keeps coming up in terms of average and power during this week and past weeks.

And the only issue I saw with outfield play was the left fielder for the Plowboys didn't get a ball in fast enough on Wednesday that allowed a runner to move up. (Banks also lost a ball in the sun in right Monday). Moss and Choruby both seemed comfortable in center.
    Lance Uppercut
    AG
    And one more thing I noticed Wednesday...there was some nice defense from the Farmers' left side of the infield. The first out in the 6th was a hard play made look easy by Allemand at short, and one batter later, Taylor made a nice scoop on the run at 3rd and made a great throw across his body to get the out.
    Foxo
    AG
    After the Farmers swept the Plowboys in 3 games, the teams were remixed as Maroon and White teams and played yesterday and are scheduled to play today.

The position changes based on the posted lineups were:

DH Nottebrok to 1B
    1B Melton to 3B
    3B Taylor to 2B and LF
    2B McLendon to SS
    LF White to 2B
    ftworthag02
    AG
    Any video highlights?
    Foxo
    AG
    Only alumni weekend ... old game shots and celebrations.
    Foxo
    AG
    My starting lineup for the first game:

1B Melton
    2B Birk
    3B Taylor
    SS Allemand
    LF Moroney
    CF Moss
    RF Banks
    C Nau
    DH Nottebrok

SP Long, Stubblefield, Kent and Larkins
    Closer Minter
    Long Relief Vinson, Schlottman, Hendrix
    ProudAg16
    AG
    quote:

1B Melton
    2B Birk
    3B Taylor
    SS Allemand
    LF Moroney
    CF Moss
    RF Banks
    C Nau
    DH Nottebrok

Closer Minter

I agree with this, but man, Moroney in left is a liability.
    dirkjones
    AG
    I believe RC is going to let Minter start. He pitched a lot of innings in the fall. Also do not know about Nau starting behind the plate, believe it may be Barash. One catcher had a lot more passed balls this fall but not sure who.
    Foxo
    AG
    Nau's catching skills are average at best and he had a lousy summer with the bat in the Alaska League after tearing up the Texas league the previous summer.
    Doubleday
    quote:
    quote:

1B Melton...going with Notte at 1B
    2B Birk...going with McLendon at 2B
    3B Taylor...going with Gideon at 3B
    SS Allemand
    LF Moroney...going with Taylor in LF
    CF Moss
    RF Banks
    C Nau...going with xfer from LSU
    DH Nottebrok...a ton of candidates here

Closer Minter

I agree with this, but man, Moroney in left is a liability.
    HECUBUS
    AG
    Fall ball: got a nice email from coach congratulating our son on his last pitching performance in the opening game of a tournament. Then we realized the boy was two walks away from a perfect game. He really didn't pitch his best with a new windup and motion.

That's Fall ball. Yawn.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.