Fall BASEBALL

34,073 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HECUBUS
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts Sep 22
Sep 24 1st scrimmage
5 game world series Oct 27-31

Texas A&M Baseball @Aggie_Baseball

Baseball Begins Fall Practice on September 22

http://ow.ly/2NOBL0
jkag89
I would appreciate the observations and impressions of those of you that can make it out to Olsen this fall.
Expert Analysis
Foxo
AG
Perhaps before the fall is over, our on the spot Athletic Department publicity person will post a new roster. Or maybe not.
dabo man
AG
quote:
I would appreciate the observations and impressions of those of you that can make it out to Olsen this fall.

+1
Kemo Sabe
what time is the scrimmage?
Foxo
AG
3 pm six innings
Foxo
AG
Gabe Bock @GabeBock At first fall baseball scrimmage. First takeaway...@HunterMelton50 has dropped about 20 pounds and has a QUICK bat. Huge development.
CoachLB
Will the series in Oct. be 5 games no matter the outcome of the series games? We have a bye week and I plan on coming in Fri. for the football weekend and would love to see the final game of the series.
Foxo
AG
I don't know but I wouldn't expect much information from the baseball sports information guy who is as usual mia.
Foxo
AG
Texas A&M Baseball @Aggie_Baseball

Preparing for Thursday workout... Matt Kent and AJ Minter will be the first pitchers in today's 6-inning scrimmage.

(The gates by 1st base are left open during scrimmages.)
omaha28
Will these games be televised on the SECN?
Foxo
AG
We'll be lucky to even see a box score.
rallydawg
AG
Dang I miss fall ball ! Woof Woof
Lance Uppercut
AG
Are scrimmages over? Do they have one at 3 a few times a week or what?
Ryan C. Whittenberg
AG
They usually do 2-3 a week I believe. Can't confirm if they are over or not though. I don't think they are
Hop
Staff
AG
Scrimmaging will be ongoing until you get to the Fall series in late October.
Foxo
AG
"The fall sessions will commence with the five-game Maroon and White Championship Series from October 27-31."
Captain Pablo
AG
How are the new baseballs performing?

That's one of the bigger issues, IMO
Foxo
AG
If anyone has gone to a practice, they are not posting.

And as usual, you can hear the crickets chirping from the A&M sports information folks.
Captain Pablo
AG
Are we trying to keep the new balls secret?
dirkjones
AG
Have heard about a few homeruns during the scrimmages. The transfer catcher from LSU hit a homerun off T. Stubb last week. Also heard freshman pitcher Turner Larkins looks really good.
Thisguy1
Are the scrimmages open to the public? I may go to the one today.

Also, in talking with a player, the balls are a huge difference. A lot more carry on balls. This was from an outfielder, so he would have a pretty good idea.
Captain Pablo
AG
That's good to hear

The game has been a joke since BBCOR
Jacob_House 27
If I can make one suggestion:

-Anyone that lives close enough and can get out to the field, GO WATCH THESE GAMES!

I don't get it when it comes spring time and people are wondering why "Johnny High-School All- American" or "Mr. JUCO All-World" have limited at-bats or no innings pitched and there was a grand total of 3 people that went and watched the fall games. If you're able to catch more than a couple fall games, you'll know who deserves to play and who doesn't.

Again, I get that our fan base extends well beyond the city limits of B/CS, but make a point to get out and check these out and you'll be pleasantly surprised. Plus, the intensity in these games are great.

Thanks and Gig'em!
"For me to live is Christ, to die is gain." Philippians 1:21 When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, THAT is when you'll be successful.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Twitter says they're having a scrimmage today at 3.....if anyone is 3 minutes from the ballpark.
Thisguy1
Gates are closed...
Lance Uppercut
AG
So...they aren't open to the public? I have a chance to catch one in a few weeks, but it looks like maybe they don't want spectators until the Fall World Series.
Thisguy1
I guess not. All the front gates were closed. I also don't feel like getting a ticket, the parking lot was about half full from students.
dirkjones
AG
Gate by 1st base is supposed to be unlocked.
Foxo
AG
Who is the catcher from LSU?
Foxo
AG
Today's scheduled pitchers ... 11h11 hours ago @Aggie_Baseball 3:00 pm scrimmage today at OF@BBP

On the bump will be Minter, Larkins, Hill, Kent & Martin.
dirkjones
AG
I believe the transfer from LSU last name is Barash. Don't know anymore since no roster is posted.
dirkjones
AG
7 hrs in first 5 scrimmages. JB moss hit one yesterday than had another deep ball to CF they say was hit about 399. Turner Larkins gave up one hit to Birk but no runs and 4 ks.
Foxo
AG
Dec 2013 article:

Sophomore catcher Michael Barash and sophomore pitcher Taylor Butler have left the team, Paul Mainieri confirmed Friday.

Barash, a Florida native, will transfer to Palm Beach State College, a junior college in Lake Worth, Fla. Butler will stay enrolled at LSU but has retired from baseball, Mainieri said.

Barash played in 18 games, starting five, as a true freshman last
season. He graduated from high school a year early to begin his college
career, but failed to live up to expectations. He hit .269 in 26 at-bats
last season with four RBI and a home run. Barash found himself fourth
in the pecking order at catcher heading into the 2014 season and decided
to test his abilities elsewhere.

Butler only made three appearances last season, surrendering one earned run in 2 1/3 innings of work.

mmmm ... 26 at bats as a freshman and considered not living up to potential.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.