Baseball Recruiting

13,177 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by MAROON
Foxo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bay Port lefty Klein chooses Texas A&M.

A Wisconsin kid.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/high-school/baseball/2014/09/05/bay-port-klein-texas-am/15150069/
ProudAg16
MAROON
AG
Coll Stanley, OF, Houston Strake Jesuit
MINNESOTAAGGIE
Basketball and Chain
AG
2015 commits:

Beau Burrows - RHP - Weatherford
quote:
Burrows was selected after attending the Perfect Game Showcase in Florida, where he lit up the mound. On it's website, Perfect Game said Burrows "electrified the mound" by throwing a 96 mph fastball as his first pitch, the fastest at the National Showcase at that point.The game recap went on to say that during the first of two innings, Burrows' fastball "constantly stayed at 95-96 mph" and that he "constantly overpowered hitters with his fastball and finished his short inning outing with three strikeouts. His fastball never dipped below 93 mph, and along with his fastball, he also displayed an above average curveball, PG scouts reported."
Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/07/29/6003703/kangaroo-pitcher-to-attend-and.html#storylink=cp

Stephen Kolek - RHP - Shepherd

Tyler Ivey - RHP - Rockwall-Heath
quote:
Right-handed junior pitcher Ivey was named to the first team after going 12-2 with a 1.34 ERA and 117 strike-outs. The Texas A&M pledge is the District 12-A pitching MVP (Most Valuable Player).

Tristan Metten - SS - Prestonwood Christian Academy

Christopher Paddack - RHP - Cedar Park

Coll Stanley - OF - Strake Jesuit

George Janca - SS - Georgetown

Alan Campero - MIF - Alexander HS - Laredo - http://www.lmtonline.com/articles/2014/07/03/front/sports/doc53b4d7dc65eb9333642241.txt

Andreus Faltesek - RHP/1B/3B - Pearland

Dakota Klein - LHP - Bay Port (Suamico, WI)
Basketball and Chain
AG
2016 commits:

Hudson Sanchez - SS/3B - Southlake Carroll
quote:
Southlake Carroll shortstop Hudson Sanchez, considered one of the state's top prospects for the Class of 2016, has committed to Texas A&M. As a sophomore, Sanchez helped lead Carroll (31-6) to the Class 5A Region I semifinal.The 6-3, 185-pound Sanchez also is one of the top players on DBAT-Bonesio. Sanchez is the first of North Texas' top players in the Class of 2016 to commit.

Trace Bucey - OF/RHP - Corpus Christi Academy

Logan Foster - C/OF/RHP - Lincoln Southwest (Lincoln, NE)
clendenin
AG
Perfect game is missing a couple from '15.

College Station's Kyle Richardson will be ranked eventually and included on their list for 2016.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Help me out here. A 2015 commit would be a freshman in the... 2016 season?
Tex100
AG
quote:
The game recap went on to say that during the first of two innings, Burrows' fastball "constantly stayed at 95-96 mph" and that he "constantly overpowered hitters with his fastball and finished his short inning outing with three strikeouts. His fastball never dipped below 93 mph, and along with his fastball, he also displayed an above average curveball,

So what are the odds he comes to college?
Basketball and Chain
AG
I've seen a few early mock drafts that have Burrows as a late first round pick.
McCoveysCove
Trace Busey is from Corpus Christi Carroll and is a 2016 grad.
Foxo
AG
Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersPG 3m3 minutes ago Big recruiting news, as @Aggie_Baseball lands @PGAllAmerican RHP Ashe Russell, ranked 5 nationally: http://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=350469 #Aggies #
clendenin
AG
Russell had committed to Notre Dame as a freshman but opened it up to SEC powers this summer. He cancelled a November visit to South Carolina after his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend.

https://instagr.am/p/uHLNAvrx97

Here is a story on decommitting from Notre Dame and playing in the Perfect Game All-American Classic

http://www.indystar.com/story/hs-blog/2014/08/05/cathedral-ashe-russell-notre-dame/13627759/
BMOC86
AG
The Aggies will sign Lindale RHP Nash Walters, a 6'4 hard throwing prospect out of east Texas.
you heard it first here
Mr.Ackar07
Both Ashe Russell and Beau Burrows probably won't make it to campus. I've seen Ashe projected to go in the first 10 picks with Burrows going later in the first round.
OA5II
AG
Keep an eye on 2015 James Farris. He was gunned a few times this fall at 94, living at 89-91. He loves to be closer and play the field. Has committed to Grayson but would jump to Aggieland. He is 6'2 220lbs. Plays the corners.
Foxo
AG
Kendall Rogers @KendallRogersP Oct 23
#Gigem commit RT @FPilierePG: Ashe Russell sharp w/ breaking ball. CB command sets him apart. Fastball 90-93 w/ life on corners #PGTourney
ryansdad
AG
FWIW:

Burrows is a former student of mine and I currently work with his mom. She said he is still undecided about what he is going to do. He took his official and was here at the Ole Miss game and had a blast. Was amazed at the crowd. He also was a great QB until he gave up football to concentrate on baseball.

He and Ashe have become good friends since playing/traveling together on UA All American team and now the perfect game team. Mom said they talk all the time and talk a lot about how much fun it would be to be teammates at A&M.

BTW, Burrows fast ball has hit 97 a few times.
Agsroll
AG
Burrows and Russell became good friends while playing for the Evoshield Canes. The All-American games came later.

Neither of them will be playing college baseball.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
quote:
Burrows and Russell became good friends while playing for the Evoshield Canes. The All-American games came later.

Neither of them will be playing college baseball.

I've got a buddy that plays for the Canes and he told me the same thing.
Foxo
AG
Tommy Gillman @T_Gilly06 12h12 hours ago Excited to say my dream is officially coming true. I have committed to play baseball in the SEC at Texas A&M University. Gig 'em #Aggies
dirkjones
AG
http://perfectgame.org/Players/Playerprofile.aspx?ID=359888

Perfect Game- Tommy Gillman- SS
Foxo
AG

#article-videos {
display: none;
}
COLLEGE STATION, Texas Texas A&M's recruiting class for the 2015 season was ranked No. 20 by Perfect Game, as the outfit recently released its "The Elite 25."

The class which features 13 newcomers, including seven freshmen, ranked 20th in total points Kendall Rogers' system, but the average of 6.75 points per player ranked sixth in the country, including third in the SEC, the premier baseball conference in America.

Rogers' overview highlighted RHP Turner Larkins, RHP Brigham Hill, C Cole Bedford, C Michael Barash and RHP Kyle Simonds.

Texas A&M was one of nine SEC teams to rank in the Elite 25 and just one of two schools from Texas.

Last season, the Aggies finished 36-26 and advanced to the NCAA Championship for a school-record eight consecutive season.
PERFECT GAME The Elite 25
1. Arkansas 6.36
2. Miami (Fla.) 7.33
3. Florida 7.55
4. South Carolina 6.08
5. LSU 7.80
6. Virginia 7.50
7. Oregon State 4.67
8. Florida International 4.60
9. North Carolina 6.18
10. Arizona State 5.82
11. Stanford 6.20
12. UCLA 6.10
13. Tennessee 6.00
14. Vanderbilt 5.90
15. Texas 5.27
16. Duke 4.75
17. North Carolina State 3.35
18. Ole Miss 4.31
19. Florida State 6.88
20. Texas A&M 6.75
21. Oregon 5.20
22. Missouri 5.78
23. Oklahoma State 5.10
24. Cal State Fullerton 5.44
25. San Diego State 3.50
*- Number to right is the average rating per player in the class
BurnetAggie99
2016 Prospect Layton Wolver from Corsicana. Don't know if A&M is recruiting him but he's a SEC type player.

He played every game for Corsicana last year hitting lead off as a freshman. He is on one of the best travel teams in the country Dallas Patriots-Stout team. He is a 6.5 60 yd dash kid with baseball instincts flowing out of him.

Here is what his coach says about him.

Coach Autrey

"He will play short stop here the next 3 years. I feel like he will more than likely be a second baseman pending the development of his arm strength. If he develops like I think he will he will be a Big 12 or SEC type of kid. Old school baseball savvy kid. Way above average defender right now. He committed only 1 error in his freshman year in Corsicana playing over 30 games. Also a great student. Top 10 in his class. He is one that needs to be on everybody's radar for sure. Reminds you of a former longhorn Travis Tucker that I coached in the Texas Collegiate League in Coppell . He plays like Tucker except he already runs better."
Foxo
AG
Turner Larkins retweeted Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS Jun 17
brewers rhp draftee Turner Larkins, 28th rounder due to belief he was college bound, turned down $1M. will go to texas a&m
ftworthag02
AG
whoop!
ProudAg16
AG
quote:

Thinice
Have heard 2016 OF Cameron Blake from Round Rock has committed to the Ags.
Foxo
AG
    Joel Davis A 6'3 Christian who just so happens to be a baseball player! Currently at Seminole State. Texas A&M baseball commit! #FCA#GGAG#AudienceOfOne#Trojans
Brick Tamland
Tyler Ivey from Rockwall-Heath signed today.
MAROON
AG
2016 LHP - John Doxakis, Houston Lamar committed to the Ags.

I've watched John play for years. The Ags got a great one here - he's also a legacy. Mom and Dad are both grads.
shof4150
Don't mean to step on any toes but Layton Wolver 2016 prospect plays travel ball for the Buzz Lightning Baseball Academy out of Waco, Texas coached by Sandy Shofner. This is the same team that Caleb Shofner, Matthew Kent, Hunter Melton and 2015 committed recruit 1B Tanner James played or plays for. You are correct on everything you have said about Layton. He is one of the most talented kids that I have ever coached and has a bright future at the next level. I look forward to him wearing the Texas A&M jersey and following in the foot steps of a long line of great BLBA ( Texas A&M) players.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Howdy Shof, good to see your are still developing good baseball prospects. Hope to see you at Blue Bell this season!
MAROON
AG
2015 RHP - Mitchell Kilkenny - Houston Christian commits to the good guys (flipped from LSU)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.