Hey Hop or Scott ... What about baseballer Kenny Hill?

9,721 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Doubleday
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've followed the team pretty closely since meeting my wife; but who are the rowdy guys y'all are talking about?
TXM Pride
I'm not going to name names.. There's no point.. And all these guys are my friends.

Lets just say we could sit on a back porch one night and tell some great stories.. And wouldn't run out any time soon.

All these guys are good guys. None are criminals. Did we have some criminals on our football team, yes.. They're gone. Is Kenny a criminal, no. And that's the point. He's not out committing crimes. He's made some mistakes (alcohol related) and needs some direction.

(I'll add I've heard conflicting reports about the reason for his suspension. Heard failed drug test. But also heard it's because he went to NG after Sumlin gave the team a no NG Monday - Thursday policy. Heard it was last Thursday. Which would be after Allen was named starter. Possibly out of frustration. All speculation tho.)
OnlyForNow
AG
Completely agree. Being a normal college kid is 100% fine but if you can't handle it and still produce on the field then something needs to happen.

ColoradoMooseHerd
1. Baseball players are not under the same microscope football players are. They get away with things that football players don't.
2. Kenny Hill is a football player, even if he plays baseball he will still be under the microscope. He will not be able to go over to baseball and then magically be able to hide.
3. A&M has had several players over the years play both. Jeff Granger (QB), Greg Porter (WR), Matt Miller (QB), Kevin Beirne (WR). Jameis Winston (FSU), Jeff Samardzija (Notre Dame) and others have done it recently too.
Foxo
AG
Considering the high character of our baseball players, I don't believe they are "getting away with things".
ColoradoMooseHerd
Well I can tell you for sure that we got away with things.
dirkjones
AG
Don't know if they got away with things completely. RC is very good about handling things in house. If you are in trouble, get ready to run. At least 1 player had to run 100 miles before eligible to play again. Another sat out the season but other factors may have been involved in that one.
OnlyForNow
AG
Guess we know why Hensley didn't play last year!
dirkjones
AG
Hensley must have been in the dog house about something or like a former player has said, maybe he just didn't produce in practice? I don't know think he was in any outside trouble. My question would be, will he have a spot this year? Looks like to me you have to find a spot for Moroney, Melton, and Nottebrook.
Foxo
AG
We are loaded at the DH spot. Not so much at the other positions.
dirkjones
AG
Loaded yes, just hope someone produces consistently. Will also be good to have that big bat for pinch hit situations.
OnlyForNow
AG
He apparently was crushing the ball in practice; from what we heard from some posters on here wanting to see him.

I want the team to win, don't really care who is playing. I think Moroney has been the least consistent out of those three above.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Let me Clarify - By Saying we got away with things.......... It was things that did not make it into the news blotter or out in the public. MJ seemed to often find out about things and you might have to run an airport or several but baseball players don't get the publicity that football players get. So in those terms we get away with things and things are handle in house to where the fans never know about it.
OnlyForNow
AG
Did anyone's hangover ever affect their ability to play the following day?
dirkjones
AG
I would be surprised if those guys are partying that much during the season. Between school and the hours they put in for baseball, not much time to get into trouble.
OnlyForNow
AG
I completely agree.

I know those guys go out and have fun during the season, but I would bet that mid-season baseball practice is probably more physically demanding than a mid-season football practice. So that coupled with their game schedule would certainly limit their actually availability to go out and get into that kind of trouble.
TXM Pride
quote:
Did anyone's hangover ever affect their ability to play the following day?

There's really no way to know the answer to that question.. Lately it's very rare to see someone on the baseball team out the night before a game.. At least I never saw really anyone.. Now if you're talking about 3+ years ago you may see a few guys out the night before a game.. I've been out plenty with guys when they had a game the next day.. That's not to say they didn't just have a drink or two and head home by midnight.

As previous posters have stated the fact that baseball isn't in the media spotlight allows for minor incidents to "slip thru the cracks".. Another factor is up until just recently we didn't have social media to document every move some of these guys make. College athletes are under such a microscope now it makes it pretty hard to get away with anything.
fortworthaggie
I heard from a really good baseball guy last week that the best baseball Player on Campus is Boomer White and shortly behind him is Kenny Hill. If this were the case, any chance that both these Players could play together to beef up our baseball program ? After all Kenny is not doing much on the football field these days.
ColoradoMooseHerd
what a piss poor troll from a rookie
Doubleday
Haha...second that. Nobody bit either...nice job
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.