Hide the Tracks?

2,779 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Foxo
agfan92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Didn't want to hijack the thread on MSU's new stadium, so I thought I'd ask the questions here.

1)What type of right field seating/structure/etc would you want (if any), and

2)Would you be willing to block the view of the passing trains from the main seating area to build it?
twk
AG
I don't think it's possible to do anything in right. Even if you discount the safety factor of building right next to the train track, there simply isn't enough room between the fence and the track to do much.

There will be some space in left between the fence and the Rec Center extension. If the new left field lounge in Starkville works out, I suppose we could try to copy that.
Luke The Drifter
AG
I vote against all expansion until we more consistently fill the stadium. This includes finding ways to actually get people to sit in the luxury seats right behind home plate. Winning will help that, but in my mind there are consistently too many empty seats at BBP to even consider expansion.

agfan92
AG
The "rumor" I heard at the end of last season was the Childress was pushing to bring the outfield in to make room for seats all around the outfield wall. I cannot substantiate the rumor, so it's really worth nothing.

That said, the source of this information is good friends with someone inside the program and he felt the story had legs. He's given me several nuggets before and has proven correct. He's also not a TexAgs poster and has no reason to pass along information that he doubts. For that reason, I feel like it's being considered.

Even if room is made, I'm not in favor of blocking the view of the tracks. To me it's one of the remaining "features" of Olsen Field and I'd hate to see it go.

BTW, completely agree it seems ridiculous to talk about expansion when there are so many empty seats.
dabo man
AG
quote:
This includes finding ways to actually get people to sit in the luxury seats right behind home plate.

I'm not sure that can be done. Watch a Toronto Maple Leafs game. The Leafs have sold out every home game since the late 1940s. They moved from Maple Leaf Gardens to the Air Canada Centre in 1999, and they have a ton of empty seats right by the ice for every game. It's the nature of "luxury seating" to have empties.
Foxo
AG
Empty seats =/= unpaid seats
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.