Boomer White transferring to A&M?

15,863 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by AGS749901
ftworthag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
if you read Jacobs post above... he grew up playing catcher but switched to outfield during high school but moved back to catcher his senior year. Maybe he wanted to catch and tcu recruited him as a catcher and we didn't see him as a catcher due to his size and also his lack of a arm. Doesn't matter. He's a Ag now and he's home where he belongs. Gig'em Boomer! BTHO SEC
Mark Fairchild
AG
My mom used to say,"never look a gift horse in the mouth ". Don 't really care about how he got here, just da*n glad he's here! Welcome and Howdy, BOOMER!!
fortworthaggie
This kid is clutch. He is so patient and can hit a baseball to all fields. He had the game winning hit in Omaha at the College world series for TCU. He had 2 game winning hits in the Regional or Super Regionals in extra innings . One of them was in that 22 inning game that lasted almost 8 hours. He may not be the big home run guy but you want him at the plate with the game on the line. Smart player and very scrappy. Before he came to TCU he was an unbelievable running back for Houston Memorial. He lead his team to the semi finals of the 5A State Championship and rushed for over 2,500 yards that season. He was actually honored at the Houston touchdown club with current Aggies "Mathews" and "Trey Williams". He will be an instant fan favorite. Crushing blow for TCU to lose this kid. I heard a rumor he has a girlfriend in CS and very serious . Any truth to this ?
dirkjones
AG
Girl friend? All makes sense now
FtBendTxAg
AG
Now all we need is like 6 more transfers like this
Hickory High
AG
sorry, I'm really late responding to this, but I've known Boomer since we were kids. Boomer is the exact kind of guy we need. He has so much swagger and confidence you can almost see it on him.

Boomer LOVED A&M when he was at Houston Memorial, but, as is a trend, Childress didn't reach out to him. In fact, he drove down almost every Saturday to go to the Aggie football games and even drove down for Breakaway on Tuesday nights last year. Also his brother goes here now.
ProudAg16
AG
quote:
sorry, I'm really late responding to this, but I've known Boomer since we were kids. Boomer is the exact kind of guy we need. He has so much swagger and confidence you can almost see it on him.

Boomer LOVED A&M when he was at Houston Memorial, but, as is a trend, Childress didn't reach out to him. In fact, he drove down almost every Saturday to go to the Aggie football games and even drove down for Breakaway on Tuesday nights last year. Also his brother goes here now.

Great stuff, Hickory! Really glad he's here now.
Hickory High
AG
Also he HATES the sips.

I can't find the picture, but his freshman year against the sips he hit a clutch double, slid into second, and flashed the double horns down sign.

That's just what he's always had. That edge and clutch ability.
rallydawg
AG
Definitely has to sit a year (NCAA rules) Glad he's coming! Childress would not have pursued him, not a pitcher ! gig 'Em Boomer Woof Woof
fortworthaggie
How is the team hitting this fall. Any chance Boomer White will see the field this coming season ?
Can anyone send that picture of Boomer when he hit that game winning double against the T-Sips
and shot Horns down ? I saw it last year and loved it.
Doubleday
No chance he sees the field this year. Per NCAA rules when transferring directly from one D1 school to another, he has to sit out a year. He will be eligible to play in the 2016 season.
turboboost
AG
quote:
No chance he sees the field this year. Per NCAA rules when transferring directly from one D1 school to another, he has to sit out a year. He will be eligible to play in the 2016 season.
That is total garbage...I was looking forward to his contribution to our team
aggie67,74&76
AG
Welcome home Boomer!
dirkjones
AG
Only 3/4 in the first scrimmage with a single, double and HR that hit 1/2 way up scoreboard.
AGS749901
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.