Jaxton McNair

7,355 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 11 yr ago by firethewagonup
KaneIsAble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The more I think about Kyle's response the more pissed I get. What a sad, sad ambassador for the program his comments make him. I don't care what kind of player he was because there's absolutely no reason to be such an arrogant jackass. I'd like to see Rob defend his post.

[This message has been edited by KaneIsAble (edited 11/27/2012 11:12a).]
victory
AG
quote:
Exactly why you shouldn't go some place to play ball that doesn't offer you if there are other offers on the table...kind of a red flag

You have NO Clue what you are talking about.

There were variables that RC took advantage of when recruiting McNair and there was information that RC should have laid out on the table with Jaxton and his family and he didnt.

Im an RC supporter and hope he finished out his coaching career here at A&M. But the way this was handled does not sit well with me.

txag614
Lol at his thread... Good luck to Jaxton in whatever he does.
CorpusAg09
What if Jaxton had played better baseball? I'm going to have to place the responsibility with him for getting cut. I feel like Jaxton had more to do with getting let go than the coaches; they just put performance into verbal language.
victory
AG
quote:
Lol at his thread... Good luck to Jaxton in whatever he does.

agree...we need to let this thread die. Whether we agree with RC or not its gotten to the point where we are bashing a young man.
Gone
quote:
Whether we agree with RC or not its gotten to the point where we are bashing a young man.

But it's ok to bash our coaching staff?
DWren
Our coaching staff are grown men who get paid a lot of money.
And you're comparing them to an 18-19 year old true freshman Walkon?
Come on man
Bunk Moreland
just read thread...no dog in this fight...but, what kind of name is Jaxton?

[This message has been edited by Bunk Moreland (edited 11/27/2012 11:24p).]
mpaggie06
AG
Cousin of Jaxson Appel. HTH.
sharpdressedman
I'll take Moore's word for what happened. He has the credibility, having experienced the program from the inside out. Jaxton got screwed.
Kyle Nicholson18
I apologize for the comments I made in my previous post. I was not speaking on behalf of the players (former or current) or coaches. I spoke on my behalf and my frustration regarding the topic and shouldn't of said anything at all.

The support of the 12th man is the biggest reason I chose Texas A&M. As a former player I can truly say we have the greatest fans and atmosphere in the country.

I was apart of this program at a high ('04, '07, '11 Grad Assistant) and its very low ('05, '06). To be clear, yes, I am very appreciative for Coach Childress and what he did for my career. However that doesn't label me as a "Childress guy". I was recruited by Coach Johnson and his staff, and would not of ever had the opportunity to play at Texas A&M without them. For that I am grateful.

I apologize to the fans and supporters that I offended. That was not my intention.

Kyle Nicholson '07
Mooreags
AG
Stand up guy Kyle. Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the work you put in and like I said in a previous post, you've been one of my favorite former players and played an important part of the success of the program both on the field and on the staff.

Thanks and Gig'em

Gone
quote:
Our coaching staff are grown men who get paid a lot of money.
And you're comparing them to an 18-19 year old true freshman Walkon?
Come on man

So that gives you the right to come after their integrity? Just because they're paid, grown men? Give me a break. It's pretty clear this thread was started to bad mouth RC's character when no one here knows 100% of what was said, first hand. And no one knows RC's side of it. I'm pretty sure all parties involved knew what kind of business that baseball and college athletics is. So to call out RC for this is simply unacceptable. Give him a phone call if you don't agree with how you think this was handled. Don't call him out from behind your keyboard. That's what Rivalries and other boards do.
Tex100
AG
From the little I've seen, I can't imagine Childress being anything other than like he was with Mooreag - which was very straight forward.
McCoveysCove
Seems like alot of programs try and take advantage of 1)being a lifelong Aggie/insert legacy school and 2)the tomorrow fund.
wanting to be here is favorable and being able to afford to pay for tuition is another plus. Sounds like MooreAgs friend was smart in planning, which alot of parents are not.

Sometimes people say things they do or do not mean,(RC)and sometimes the other party has to fulfill the terms and does not. I dont know RC at all but doubt he would intentionally cut someone that would help him win. It is a business. I do not know anyone personally. But I am a baseball guy 1st and foremost and I appreciate both MooreAgs, and Kyle contribution to this baseball program.
Tex100
AG
Guys I knew at A&M who talked to coaches about walking on to teams were told that there was an obligation to play scholarship guys first.

What is the difference between preferred walkons and ordinary walkons?
Aggie
AG
a PW does not have to go thru a walkon tryout.

they are enrolled as an "athlete" and on the team but given no scholarship $. They are not listed aS an official signee because they didnt actually sign an LOI. However they are treated like every other player from having access to the facilities in the summer, being housed with other players who are on schlarship ect ect.

the ordinary walkon is basically a student. they are not enrolled as an athlete and have no connection with the program untill after they go thru a walkon tryout and are given a spot on the team

of course once on the team, if you are scholarship,preffered walkon or walkon..nobody is "protected" , anybody can be cut prior to the season. Yes even scholarship players
SMM48
AG
Maybe Tommy can use him down at Sanjac? Maybe a blessing in disguise...tear up juco....take his pick of schools next year. Good luck to him
firethewagonup
Hope Jaxton just knocks the cover off the ball and tears up whatever division he's playing in. As an Aggie, I hope he lands back in Aggieland, but as long as he's doing well and getting what he wants and needs from a program, then BRAVO!!!!! Gigem Jaxton!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.