SEC should bring in UNC after ACC progressive pressuring

10,901 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Thomas Sowell, PhD
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Given the ACC's recent progressive power play to remove championship events from North Carolina in efforts to force them to allow men in girls bathrooms and locker rooms, the University of North Carolina should move to join the SEC.

ACC moves games out of North Carolina over bathroom law
Dr Lane Trowlan
Grant of rights
Uncle Jimbo
1. All the university presidents supported this, including UNC.

2. UNC is pretty liberal.

3. It's not really a "bathroom bill." It's a BS bill restricting the rights of local jurisdictions to make their own laws, namely with regard to setting minimum wages. The bill used fear mongering over the bathroom thing to get it passed.
TexanJeff
AG
You may want to actually read the bill and not just the fear mongering...
Ag1985
DD88
AG
The ACC is targeting the transgender clause, not the other parts of the bill.

VanZandt92
quote:
The ACC is targeting the transgender clause, not the other parts of the bill.

I live here. The bill is dumb all around. It's a very big deal here.
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
I love gay people
Red Skye
AG
Who. The. ****. Cares.
Tango Mike
Why is it that anytime anything is written in the media (good or bad) TexAgs thinks it's a reason to bring that school into the SEC?
100yearlegacy
AG
quote:

3. It's not really a "bathroom bill." It's a BS bill restricting the rights of local jurisdictions to make their own laws, namely with regard to setting minimum wages. The bill used fear mongering over the bathroom thing to get it passed.
Jimbo nailed it. Moved to Davidson about a year ago and the polarization over this thing is crazy here.
Rossticus
quote:
quote:

Jimbo nailed it. Moved to Davidson about a year ago and the polarization over this thing is crazy here.

Yet another example of how state officials really feel about "local control", regardless of state. They're just like the federal govt in that they want all the power consolidated in their hands. Local control to them just means unimpeded state control.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
OP is dumb for so many reasons. UNC would never leave Duke/NCST. Really just a horrible thread.
DD88
AG
Here is the language of HB2:

SESSION LAW 2016 - 3 HOUSE BILL 2

I don't think the concern is with the small number of transgenders. The danger is in giving any man who claims to identify as a women at that time the license to share bathrooms or locker rooms with your wives and daughters. There are probably more voyeurs and sexual predators in our society than transgenders.

Endo Ag
AG
The predator argument is ludicrous. This law doesn't keep criminal people from doing criminal things, but serves to criminalize conflicted people trying to take a piss. I don't understand transgender folks, but I know they're aren't on my list of 99 problems. I have one transgender friend. Phil and I earned bronze stars together. I hope Michelle can take a piss when she needs to.

I also live in North Carolina, in the hippy enclave of Asheville. This stupid law cost my city millions of dollars this year that were certainly needed.
DD88
AG
quote:
This law doesn't keep criminal people from doing criminal things...
The law keeps certain forms of voyeurism from being legalized.
AgDotCom
quote:

Farts in a whirlwind compared to this:

Agsuffering@bulaw
UNC is not joining the SEC anytime soon. They are a hoops program in a hoops-first conference. They are the first among equals and will do almost anything to keep it that way.
VanZandt92
quote:
The predator argument is ludicrous. This law doesn't keep criminal people from doing criminal things, but serves to criminalize conflicted people trying to take a piss. I don't understand transgender folks, but I know they're aren't on my list of 99 problems. I have one transgender friend. Phil and I earned bronze stars together. I hope Michelle can take a piss when she needs to.

I also live in North Carolina, in the hippy enclave of Asheville. This stupid law cost my city millions of dollars this year that were certainly needed.
Runner45
I too live in North Carolina. John Swafford the commissioner of the ACC is a Carolina grad and a former UNC football player. UNC is a left wing university. Their nickname is "Berkley of the South". There is no way in hell Carolina would ever leave the comforts of the ACC and having one of their own as commissioner to protect them from their corrupt ways. They gave out degrees in African American studies to basketball players who rarely went to class. UNC is under investigation by the NCAA and screaming like a spoiled rotten child that has always gotten their way. Professors were arrested yet UNC screams innocence. UNC is a corrupt left wing whose better days have long since passed.
JimAggie
AG
NC State and Virginia Tech to the SEC. That's who I'd like to see.
Tom Hagen
AG
Quote:

It's a BS bill restricting the rights of local jurisdictions to make their own laws, namely with regard to setting minimum wages.

Another way to say that is the state is preventing local jurisdictions from trampling on the rights of private property owners.
45-70Ag
AG
Unc is more arrogant and has an elitist attitude about academics that would make Texas blush. No way they ever join the sec.
getme
OP should be banned for bringing politics to a ****ing sports board when there is a politics board available. I'm really tired of this **** invading every ****ing facet of my life. I'm conservative and on THIS board I don't give a damn where someone decides to take a piss.
12thmanfootball
AG
UNC and Va Tech would be my choices......both go to the SEC East and bring Vandy to the West for more balance between the East and the West's strength of schedules.
DD88
AG
getme said:

OP should be banned for bringing politics to a ****ing sports board ...
It was the ACC and NCAA that brought politics into sports.

huisachel
UNC certainly has a record of blatant cheating which would merit their being invited to the SEC
OakPost
My sis went to grad school and UNC Chapel Hill. I say nope to that. Visiting that campus, they are way too liberal. NC State is a better fit.
GreatSullysGhost
Blue collar, lunch pail university?
Jinkies.
eluwak5447
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
?t=599490303&w=960&quality=70
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.