Battle at Bristol Sold Out

4,346 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieBand2004
TennesseeVol
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tennessee vs. Virginia Tech. All 150,000 seats have been sold with thousands still on the waiting list.
Lungblood
That's insane. whats the split?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Do people know it's a football game and not a race?
SlackerAg
AG
This is why Virginia Tech should join if there's SEC expansion in the future.
TennesseeVol
The split is a guess right now. Most are saying 60 to 65% Tennessee fans. They could have sold 175,000 tickets.
SchizoAg
AG
Crazy, especially for a couple of teams in (relative) down eras.
jickyjack1
Tennessee is not supposed to be in a down year at all. If it turns out that they are, Coach Butch will be feeling the heat sho'nuff.
Bunk Moreland
hell if I were anywhere close to Bristol I'd go just to see a game there. Should be incredible.
spider96
AG
quote:
Tennessee is not supposed to be in a down year at all. If it turns out that they are, Coach Butch will be feeling the heat sho'nuff.

[
aggiejim70
AG

I drove through that part of the country this past week. The locals are all pumped for a huge payday. Looks like they won't be disappointed. In the course of my travels I had a great conversation with an older Clemson fan. We had a great series with Clemson a few years back, our idiot coach should have gone for two, but that's history.

Maybe we could play Clemson at the track north of Ft. Worth.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ntxVol
quote:

I drove through that part of the country this past week. The locals are all pumped for a huge payday. Looks like they won't be disappointed. In the course of my travels I had a great conversation with an older Clemson fan. We had a great series with Clemson a few years back, our idiot coach should have gone for two, but that's history.

I don't think you would want to try a football game at Tx Motor Speedway. Bristol is only a half-mile track and it would still swallow Neyland Stadium. This game is just a gimmick for BMS who's owners are looking for other possible revenue streams beyond NASCAR. Not sure the fan experience will be all that great.

This is what Neyland Stadium looks like super-imposed on BMS.

brotheraggie
quote:
quote:

I don't think you would want to try a football game at Tx Motor Speedway. Bristol is only a half-mile track and it would still swallow Neyland Stadium. This game is just a gimmick for BMS who's owners are looking for other possible revenue streams beyond NASCAR. Not sure the fan experience will be all that great.

TyHolden
AG
quote:
quote:

So we just lower it a bit. That's like 250k. That's probably more than all of big 12 all season.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
This is going to be so badass.
monarch
S
At halftime, they can race cars.
AggieBand2004
AG
Only good for the binoculars salesmen
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.