JC Hampton- expectations

4,458 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jml2621
Method Man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is he in campus? What can we expect of him?
Hop
Staff
AG
He's here and primarily working at the #2 spot in practice.
sincereag
Hop said:

That's interesting that he's at #2, who all is working at the #1 guard sport?
Pumpkinhead
AG
sincereag said:

Hop said:

That's interesting that he's at #2, who all is working at the #1 guard sport?

Gilder is your primary PG this season. Hampton will probably play mostly at the off-guard spot.
Hop
Staff
AG
Chase Carlton has been getting minutes at the point behind Gilder.
bobinator
AG
My only expectation/hope is that he's part of some sort of rotation of bodies that can allow Gilder to get off the floor for about 10 mins/game.
Method Man
Hop said:

Barf
Hop
Staff
AG
Method Man said:

Hop said:

Barf
Would you rather I say the ghost of Acie Law? You know the back-up point will be a huge question mark. I hear the kid has intensity spending last year with BCG.
bobinator
AG
I mean Acie's still alive so I'd have to think Carlton is better than his ghost
Pumpkinhead
AG
Seems like the backup PG position this season will have to be held together with band-aids and smoke and mirrors. Is a glaring weakness in the roster no doubt, unfortunately created by Caldwell not getting immediately cleared.

In 2017-2018, we'll have a junior Gilder plus Starks and Caldwell (the latter with a spring and then summer practices under his belt) and the PG situation will be significantly improved, but for this 2016-2017 campaign gonna be Gilder and then probably throwing lots of stuff at the wall hoping that something sticks.

bobinator
AG
We'll just put Vila, Trocha, Davis and Williams all in at the same time and throw it over everyone's head and then have Williams jump up and touch the ball to the rim every 30 seconds or so.
czar_iv
AG
Quote:

for this 2016-2017 campaign gonna be Gilder and then probably throwing lots of stuff at the wall hoping that something sticks.
If we just make the tournament, I'll be happy. NCAA screwed us. With Caldwell, there is probably very little drop-off from last year's team.
Shepherd Boy
Really surprised there's been no mention of Smith at the backup point slot. Saw just a few minutes of a scrimmage this summer at camp and thought he looked pretty good.

Have been hoping admon and Jc could split most of the minutes at the 1 with Caleb being serviceable for a handful of minutes

Have heard really good things about Collins. Are they running him at the 1 at all in practice?
Method Man
Hop said:

Method Man said:

Hop said:

Barf
Would you rather I say the ghost of Acie Law? You know the back-up point will be a huge question mark. I hear the kid has intensity spending last year with BCG.

Oh i bet he works super hard. Brings his lunch pail, blue collar son of a coach gym rat for sure!
BrandoC
AG
Why the hell is Hampton at the 2? Eubanks is more of a 2. Hell Gilder would be a the 2 if Caldwell was playing.
Hop
Staff
AG
BrandoC said:

Why the hell is Hampton at the 2? Eubanks is more of a 2. Hell Gilder would be a the 2 if Caldwell was playing.

If they felt he was the best option at the #1, he'd be there.
Method Man
I guess the better question is why couldn't our coaches evaluate whether he could play PG or not when they knew or at least had an inkling that Caldwell wouldn't qualify.
czar_iv
AG
Method Man said:

I guess the better question is why couldn't our coaches evaluate whether he could play PG or not when they knew or at least had an inkling that Caldwell wouldn't qualify.
My guess is they did know. They were just trying to increase their guard options by talking to a lot of graduate transfer options and see who they were able to close the deal at the end. The JC Hampton option came though and the other options didn't. I am not saying JC Hampton is a bad player, but just moves our weakness to PG. If Gilder can effectively play PG, then it doesn't matter.
Method Man
He seems like a bad player.
Isaih Smollett
lol
Morpholino
AG
He dribbles high, would like to see him correct that if he is going to play point.
jml2621
Morpholino said:

He dribbles high, would like to see him correct that if he is going to play point.

Yeah, That's a steal waiting to happen.

Admon's going to play 34 min/game.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.