2017 4-star G/F Brandon Rachal announcing 11am tomorrow

9,309 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Cynical_Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duck Sausage said:

Dad couldn't be happier...
Yup... hope he enjoys losing every year.
HiddenAg2
A&M may need to sign 3 (assuming Trocha leaves) in the Spring because Davis may go pro early the way he is developing.
Pumpkinhead
AG
HiddenAg2 said:

A&M may need to sign 3 (assuming Trocha leaves) in the Spring because Davis may go pro early the way he is developing.
The assumption that Trocha is likely to leave early after this season appears to be premature. I recently spoke with someone who talks regularly with the staff and knows Trocha, and Tonny apparently has no plan or strong bias right now to leave after this year. And it was mentioned that he definitely wants to get his degree.

Obviously, Trocha could have a great season (as could other players on the roster) changing the equation and creating opportunities, but I wouldn't jump to any conclusions at the moment on that particular topic.
greg.w.h
AG
I hope for a breakout year that changes the equation...
RoundRockAg97
AG
Probably too early to tell, but think we have any shot at a foreign big like Jacob Epperson?
StanGundy
Good bull by the kid to keep Hop from wasting a trip.
94chem
Quote:

Davis may go pro early the way he is developing.
Is this even possible? He looks like a great college player, but doesn't he have to run the floor and get off it as well?
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Hop said:

I was going to drive over and cover the ceremony, and he was nice enough to let me know he was going to LSU which saved me a 4.5 hour drive. Some recruits (cough...cough Malik Jefferson) don't even give you that courtesy.

So why weren't you nice enough backto him to let the kid make is big announcement before spilling your inside information on here?? I like ya Hop but that sounds like a dick move to me.
SommAg
AG
The post you quote is from after the announcement. He said he knew but didn't give his source away until it was released by other sources.
GoodAg Paulie
AG
Its not about revealing his source, its about throwing out the info given to him ahead of the announcement. The day before his announcemrnt Hop said he has info indicating he wasn't picking A&M despite all the crystal balls turning our way. Considering it was thought to be a two team race, that's pretty much spoiling the kids announcement. If he wants other recruits to be "nice" and not waste his time, it might be a good idea to keep his info to himself till after the announcement.
Method Man
He didn't go "national" with it. Nobody reads this forum.
Hop
Staff
AG
GoodAg Paulie said:

Hop said:

I was going to drive over and cover the ceremony, and he was nice enough to let me know he was going to LSU which saved me a 4.5 hour drive. Some recruits (cough...cough Malik Jefferson) don't even give you that courtesy.

So why weren't you nice enough backto him to let the kid make is big announcement before spilling your inside information on here?? I like ya Hop but that sounds like a dick move to me.

I didn't want people to get their hopes up because everybody was getting excited about the crystal balls. I didn't post anything in premium or on social media.

As Media Man said, there are about five people on this board this time of year and there was no risk of ruining the kid's announcement especially when nobody believed me since I did not ever clarify why I felt he was leaning to LSU.

But I'll heed your advice, and will make sure to err on the side of caution and will hesitate to post inside information on the free board in the future. Thanks!
mdanyc03
AG
You handled it perfectly hop.
Hickory High
AG
Yeah seriously, don't worry about it Hop, I really don't see how it's a big deal.
Method Man
Hop, media man???
waltonhall95
AG
GoodAg Paulie is way off base. Hop, please ignore the one guy ruining it for the rest of us. Keep up the good work, it is appreciated!
TheChameleon
AG
94chem said:

Quote:

Davis may go pro early the way he is developing.
Is this even possible? He looks like a great college player, but doesn't he have to run the floor and get off it as well?

Davis has pro potential, yes
Method Man
Davis has little early pro potential. He's super awesome in college. Short arms and no hops doesn't translate well to the NBA.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.