2017 4-star G/F Brandon Rachal announcing 11am tomorrow

9,306 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Method Man
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be us or LSU.

Hop
Staff
AG
I'm leaning to LSU.
AgsForTheWin
Morpholino
AG
I like the fact that we got his last OV before his decision. Hope we land this kid.
mdanyc03
AG
Hop said:

I'm leaning to LSU.

Unless you know something nobody else knows he's coming to a&m. All the crystal balls are our direction
Method Man
My main concern is he set his commitment date before he visited us. Kids don't usually do that unless they know where they want to go.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Jerry Meyer 247 sports just flipped his CR prediction to A&M this evening. The horns recruiting analyst also flipped his prediction from Austin to College Station tonight..
AgsForTheWin
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Hop said:

I'm leaning to LSU.

Unless you know something nobody else knows he's coming to a&m. All the crystal balls are our direction

Yes I do...unless he wakes up and has a change of heart, I don't think he's coming to A&M.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hop said:

mdanyc03 said:

Hop said:

I'm leaning to LSU.

Yes I do...

Thanks Hop. well that stinks.
AgsForTheWin
94chem
Tough to argue with LSU's record of player development. Maravich really blossomed there. So did Chris Jackson.
mdanyc03
AG
Crystal balls are still coming in our way.
Hop
Staff
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Unless LSU didn't take his commitment last night or I was point blank lied to, it's going to be LSU.
Hickory High
AG
He'll transfer somewhere else after a couple of years. LSU's program is in bad shape.
Pumpkinhead
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Based on Hop's info, sounds like just a herd mentality on the CB picks, but going the wrong direction. Johnny Jones apparently is known as a nice guy and can recruit, but he sure has underperformed to his talent level more than anyone in the SEC.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hickory High said:

He'll transfer somewhere else after a couple of years. LSU's program is in bad shape.

I guess if Jones underperforms yet again and LSU parts ways at the end of this season, maybe we can poke him to see if he wants a release, ha ha. Oh well, Kid is probably surrounded by LSU supporters.
mdanyc03
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

mdanyc03 said:

Based on Hop's info, sounds like just a herd mentality on the CB picks, but going the wrong direction. Johnny Jones apparently is known as a nice guy and can recruit, but he sure has underperformed to his talent level more than anyone in the SEC.

I'm sure hop has great sources. I would expect Jerry Meyer does too. So we will see. I am not saying that hop is wrong, just that there is conflicting information here.
Pumpkinhead
AG
mdanyc03 said:

Pumpkinhead said:

mdanyc03 said:

I'm sure hop has great sources. I would expect Jerry Meyer does too. So we will see. I am not saying that hop is wrong, just that there is conflicting information here.

Trying to get into an 18 year old's head can be dizzying. I agree this is a bit of an odd case from the typical situation getting close to an announcement. Usually in this sort of case, if the kid is coming right off an OV and there are several national recruiting analysts trending their picks all towards A&M just a few hours before the commitment announcement, there are a lot of reasons to feel optimistic. Saw yet another national writer guy at 247Sports added a pick to A&M just a couple of hours ago. But as I said, maybe just a bit of a 'herd mentality' thing going on with the CB stuff given that Hop seems to have some direct info.

Oh well, we will know soon enough.
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Hop is right. Unless a miracle happens, the Tigers are going to land Rachal. He left his official visit to Aggieland last weekend after purchasing a ton of Aggie stuff, but living in Louisiana played a HUGE part.

czar_iv
AG
Well, it must be about living in Louisiana because it is definitely not LSU's basketball play the last few years. LSU has done nothing with a lot of talent.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Logan Lee said:

Hop is right. Unless a miracle happens, the Tigers are going to land Rachal. He left his official visit to Aggieland last weekend after purchasing a ton of Aggie stuff, but living in Louisiana played a HUGE part.

Next time tie kid up and not allowed to return to LA until after signing day.
Hop
Staff
AG
czar_iv said:

Well, it must be about living in Louisiana because it is definitely not LSU's basketball play the last few years.

That's always been the case. LSU is the only power 5 program in Louisiana so every kid grows up an LSU fan. That DNA is tough to overcome...not that it can't be done in some situations....but it's a challenge.
czar_iv
AG
Hop,

I agree; luckily for us, Robert Williams didn't follow that path.
phorizt
We'll just have to wait until Jones gets fired in a few months and scoop him up then
Hickory High
AG
Jones has ruined so much talent there. Heck, I even thought Elbert Robinson's tape looked better than Myles Turner's coming out of high school, but now the two couldn't be more different.
Paradise Ag
AG
So did he commit somewhere yet?
mdanyc03
hutch012
AG
Twitter said he just committed to LSU... KSLA News 12 Sports.
Duck Sausage
AG
mdanyc03
AG
Hop
Staff
AG
I was going to drive over and cover the ceremony, and he was nice enough to let me know he was going to LSU which saved me a 4.5 hour drive. Some recruits (cough...cough Malik Jefferson) don't even give you that courtesy.
mdanyc03
AG
Well hop Jerry Meyer better check with you next time.....
Hop
Staff
AG
Well, we thought A&M was going to get one of Bailey and Rachal, so this is a disappointing end to what is an otherwise solid class. Flagg is the bell cow and has a chance to be a premiere player in the SEC. Starks is a big, thick ballhandler that has the body to come in and play early. Jasey has played against elite competition the past two years and finds a way to be effective and make plays.

The staff will need to find another guard and possibly another post this spring.

Schollies (2017):

Caldwell
Starks
Smith
Gilder
Eubanks
Hogg
Flagg
Vila
Trocha
Williams
Davis
Jasey

So that's 12 and leaves one spot. There's a possibility that Trocha at his age and ability could move on to the pros which would give A&M two open spots.
Duck Sausage
AG
Dad couldn't be happier...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.