Maroon Madness - Oct 27

6,354 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SassyAggie10
Logan Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
Quote:

Maroon Madness Tip-Off Event Slated for Oct. 27

COLLEGE STATION, Texas Basketball season is just around the corner and fans will get their first chance to meet and interact with the 2016-17 Texas A&M men's and women's basketball teams during Maroon Madness, which will take place inside Reed Arena Oct. 27 from 8-9 p.m.

Featured at the event, which is free to attend, will be introductions of both Aggie teams, a dunk contest pitting the top athletes on the men's squad against selected members of the student body, a 3-point shootout between members of both teams and a 3D court-projection presentation. At the culmination of the night's festivities, a new banner will be raised to the rafters at Reed Arena as the Aggie men celebrate their 2016 SEC Championship.

Each Aggie team takes the court for a brief intra-squad scrimmage during the event where spectators will get their first look at the Aggies on the hardwood. Fans will also be treated to performances by the Aggie Dance Team and Hullabaloo band.

A variety of contests for students are planned, highlighted by both the Aggie men's and women's programs offering a VIP experience to travel with the team for a road game this season.

Prior to the activities inside the area, the Reed Rowdies will put on a tailgate with free food and drinks at the facility's north entrance which is open to all students with an accompanying DJ. When entering the area fans will have the opportunity to take a selfie with the Aggie men's 2016 SEC Championship trophy, the Aggie women's 2011 National Championship trophy and player cutouts.

SEASON TICKETS ON SALE
An affordable, family entertainment option, season tickets for Texas A&M men's and women's basketball are on sale and begin as low as $100. Annual per seat contributions are required for some seating areas. Contact the 12th Man Foundation for additional information or to order tickets by calling 888-992-4443 or logging onto www.12thMan.com/Tickets.

bobinator
AG
If someone in the student body beats our team in a dunk contest does everyone get like 10% back on what they paid for season tickets or something?
Pumpkinhead
AG
bobinator said:

If someone in the student body beats our team in a dunk contest
Good luck to anyone who can beat Robert Williams in a dunk contest.
txag614
CEAg78
AG
" open to all students with an accompanying DJ."

There is only ONE Deandre Jordan.
BobOliver2006
AG
"selected members of the student body" obviously means Myles Garrett and Johnny Manziel will be participating
Logan Lee
Staff
AG
Here's another release:

Quote:

Maroon Madness Tip-Off Event Slated for Thursday

COLLEGE STATION, Texas Basketball season is just around the corner and fans will get their first chance to meet and interact with the 2016-17 Texas A&M men's and women's basketball teams during Maroon Madness, which will take place inside Reed Arena Thursday night from 8-9 p.m.

Featured at the event, which is free to attend, will be introductions of both Aggie teams, a dunk contest featuring the top athletes on the men's squad judged by the women's team, a 3-point shootout between members of both teams and a 3D court-projection presentation. At the culmination of the night's festivities, there will be an unveiling of the men's basketball 2016 SEC Championship Banner.

Each Aggie team takes the court for a brief intra-squad scrimmage during the event where spectators will get their first look at the Aggies on the hardwood. Fans will also be treated to performances by the Aggie Dance Team and Hullabaloo band.

A variety of contests for students are planned, highlighted by both the Aggie men's and women's programs offering a VIP experience to travel with the team for a road game this season.

Additionally on Thursday night, one lucky fan will get the chance to take a half-court shot for $10,000 while the first 1,000 fans inside Reed Arena will get a free t-shirt.

Prior to the activities inside the area, the Reed Rowdies will put on a tailgate with free food and drinks at the facility's north entrance which is open to all students with an accompanying DJ. When entering the area fans will have the opportunity to take a selfie with the Aggie men's 2016 SEC Championship trophy, the Aggie women's 2011 National Championship trophy and player cutouts.

phorizt
I wonder what they're going to do with all of the left over shirts?
CactusThomas
AG
Men's team should scrimmage the women's
Pumpkinhead
AG
Quote:

That contest prize of traveling with team for a road game seems pretty cool.
hurleyag
AG
Is this the Soulja Boy concert?
bobinator
AG
Quote:

Is this the Soulja Boy concert?

Man what an event that was. A cop yelled at us for tailgating, Soulja Boy, Turge throwing an oop to DeAndre from the tunnel, I think Walkup dunked in a green man costume...

Look at how many people were there...

Olsen
AG
I'll be at the event!
CactusThomas
AG
Me too.
Gil Renard
ryan.a.espinosa
AG
bobinator said:

If someone in the student body beats our team in a dunk contest does everyone get like 10% back on what they paid for season tickets or something?
I say all students in attendance get 10% back on tuition.
Expert Analysis
AG
Who's this clown on the mic?
CactusThomas
AJ76
AG
Yep he ain't from around these parts. New yorker?
Expert Analysis
AG
Is that Logan out there reffing the girl's game...
aggietoolman
AG
Logan was one of the three officials for both men and women
Olsen
AG
I like what I saw from #2 Eric Vila. He has a lot of potential.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I like what I saw from #2 Eric Vila. He has a lot of potential.

Vila is legit from all the reports that I have heard.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Between the scrimmage and the limited stuff we saw tonight I'm very surprised by Vila. I hadn't really seen any of his film and didn't know what to expect, but his ball handling is pretty solid for a guy that tall and he has a good outside shot. Interested to see how he does this year.

I'm trying to hold back my enthusiasm for Robert Williams, but the kid is a freak. His highlights don't do him any justice. He might be a little raw when it comes to talent, but with the limited sample I've seen you can just tell he's one of the most athletic people A&M basketball has ever had. I have a feeling he and Tyler are going to terrorize some teams in the paint.

Edit: it also looks like Tavario has really worked on his offensive game. He's never going to be the go to guy when we're on offense, but I think he'll be able to score some points as opposed to being a liability when we have the ball.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
I hope Tavario has worked on (and improved) his FT shooting.
CapCityAg89
AG
82 Ag said:

I hope Tavario has worked on (and improved) his FT shooting.

Come on man. It's a little early in the season for passive aggressive bashing of a senior whose worked hard for this program.
GE
AG

Expert Analysis
AG
The projection video was neat other than the part where they showed the video clips. It was unwatchable from the lower seats and still looked like crap from this higher perspective.
GE
AG
Expert Analysis said:

The projection video was neat other than the part where they showed the video clips. It was unwatchable from the lower seats and still looked like crap from this higher perspective.
I think it would work if they just did one clip over the whole court. They made the focus of the clips too disjointed and did two images facing opposite directions. If they just did one HD image over the entire court and had it last more than about 1.5 seconds per highlight it would be easier to see. Don't understand why they want to show super-zoomed in highlights in rapid succession. Before you can even see what's going on the highlight is over.
greg.w.h
AG
Thanks for the info. Some day I'll be able to just drop everything and show up. But it's nice to hear after the fact from folks who had the ability to participate. Thanks all.
agfan1030
Any video or youtube on the dancing?

http://www.myaggienation.com/aggie_sports/mens_basketball/texas-a-m-basketball-teams-open-season-with-maroon-madness/article_8eb85b8b-7837-5404-9ab9-0d59777b803c.html
Olsen
AG

agfan1030
Ask and ye shall receive.... Thanks.....
SassyAggie10
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.