new roster

4,128 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
phorizt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has this been discussed yet?

http://www.12thman.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Eric Vila is in fact the tallest player on the team listed at 6'11". He's got a pretty unique skill set for a guy that tall. Only 206 pounds though so he's got some eating to do.

Robert Williams listed at 6'9" 237lbs. I didn't expect him to be quite that big so that's great news.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Bob, as you noted, extensive photo analysis of Vila had already come up with a 'damn, he tall!' Height estimate.

6'11" white euro shooter out on the wing. Always wanted to see what one of those might look like in an Aggie uni.
Conner4real
AG
I think it has. Still, Vila is going to be able to create a big mismatch for us.

Still upsetting about JJ. Thinking of PnR's with Davis/Trocha while having Hogg and Vila in each corner might have been our highest PPP play.
bobinator
AG
Vila should be pounding three meals a day at Fuego. Basically doing the opposite of what Tyler Davis is doing.

In a few years there will awesome ESPN features on him putting on weight. "When he got to A&M, Eric Vila was literally two dimensional... then he found the Dr. Pepper Cowboy and Fuego Steak tacos..."
Expert Analysis
AG
quote:
Dr. Pepper Cowboy
so good
GE
AG
quote:
Vila should be pounding three meals a day at Fuego. Basically doing the opposite of what Tyler Davis is doing.

In a few years there will awesome ESPN features on him putting on weight. "When he got to A&M, Eric Vila was literally two dimensional... then he found the Dr. Pepper Cowboy and Fuego Steak tacos..."
Bob Im not sure if anybody at ESPN is witty enough to use "two dimensional" in the way you just did.
Hop
Staff
AG
Williams ar 237 lbs. is big news. Darby has put on the mass in the offseason. When I saw him last November, I think he said he was between 205-210 LB's.

He could really be a defensive force in the paint this season.
bobinator
AG
Haven't seen him play, could he be a poor man's Tyrus Thomas?
Method Man
quote:
Haven't seen him play, could he be a poor man's Tyrus Thomas?

Maybe more Stromile Swift.
bobinator
AG
That's even better since Swift killed Tyrus Thomas and absorbed his powers

AWP 97
AG
So who all is considered to be on scholarship? I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!
Method Man
We had a guy that played intramurals named Chris (tall Chris we called him) who was about 6'10" 205 and shot lights out 3s. That wasn't cool back then and he couldn't even walk on the team. He would've killed it today. I will pretend Vila is Chris' son and root hard for him.
Expert Analysis
AG
Gilder, Eubanks, Hampton, and ineligible Caldwell are the only scholarship guards. All the forwards and centers on the roster are on scholarship. I am assuming some of the non recruited players will be getting ships this year since we have a few extra that we couldn't seem to use on some guard depth...
phorizt
Caleb Smith is also a scholarship Guard.
Expert Analysis
AG
you are correct, I forget about him since he hasn't got many minutes in these exhibitions and he wasn't really recruited. he was an addition to add some guard depth just before fall enrollment.
Pumpkinhead
AG
From what I have heard thus far, seems unlikely Caleb Smith will contribute much.

Hampton, Williams, Vila, and Carlton (probably pulling some backup PG duty) are the new guys that seem to have been popping up the most on the radar.
TMartin
Just hoping one of the point guards steps up to feed the trees. I still like Gilder better at the 2.
rlb28
AG
no roster

still no roster here.
agfan1030
http://www.12thman.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball
old yeller
AG
Method Man said:

We had a guy that played intramurals named Chris (tall Chris we called him) who was about 6'10" 205 and shot lights out 3s. That wasn't cool back then and he couldn't even walk on the team. He would've killed it today. I will pretend Vila is Chris' son and root hard for him.
Why did you call him that?
Method Man
Because we had Mexican Chris and #2 Chris. A lot of Chrises at A&M back then. Now every damn kid has a girl name. Jordan, Taylor, Sue...etc.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Method Man said:

Because we had Mexican Chris and #2 Chris. A lot of Chrises at A&M back then. Now every damn kid has a girl name. Jordan, Taylor, Sue...etc.

Definitely not like the old days, Lil Chris!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.