interesting read

1,436 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by agfan1030
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2016/9/14/12914578/texas-am-basketball-preview-2016-2017-billy-kennedy
bobinator
AG
TL;DR version: Tavario Miller world domination tour starts in November
phorizt
Pretty uninformed writeup. They completely missed the fact that JC Hampton transferred here to run PG for us and TTM is without any doubt going to be starting for us at PF.
GE
AG

quote:
Despite some gaudy numbers for a freshman, Davis only averaged 22.8 minutes per game last season. The biggest reason for that was fellow center Tonny Trocha-Morelos (7.0 ppg, 4.2 rpg), who is back for his junior year. Trocha-Morelos weighs about 45 pounds less than Davis, but is strong in the areas where his counterpart is weak, namely passing and being able to knock down the outside shot with consistency. It'll be interesting to see if Kennedy at least flirts with the idea of utilizing a lineup where both of his talented bigs are on the court at the same time.

Any person that knows anything about A&M basketball knows that Tonny and Tyler will start.

The guy also said Williams was out of Houston, which is flat wrong.

Guy also implies that the SEC is Kentucky and everyone else, which isn't entirely wrong but there are some pretty huge discrepancies between the other 13 teams.

Trash article and very poorly researched. The author clearly looked at two things in drawing his conclusions: the statistics from last season and a recruiting website that shows who we added that wouldn't include Hampton.
agfan1030
Sorry I posted....

My daughter's reply was ..... Sorry, the Aggies aren't and never will be "just anybody else" (even if we aren't winning). These people just don't understand!!

-----------------------

Yes, I thought what an odd thing to say....the Miller vs Trocha idea.

GE
AG
quote:
Sorry I posted....

My daughter's reply was ..... Sorry, the Aggies aren't and never will be "just anybody else" (even if we aren't winning). These people just don't understand!!

-----------------------

Yes, I thought what an odd thing to say....the Miller vs Trocha idea.
The garbage article comment was in no way directed towards you, you provide a lot of value here. I always find these kinds of articles informing since they demonstrate the lack of substance and effort in most media these days.
bobinator
AG
Actually it's the opposite to me. This isn't real media, it's a blog. It shows the need for people who actually get paid to take the time to research this stuff.

And completely agree it wasn't directed at OP.

I know it was technically a tie, but we beat UK heads up so we're the real champs. If it's "Kentucky and everyone else" they can come pry the title out of our hands on March 4.
agfan1030
quote:
The garbage article comment was in no way directed towards you,

I know....that's why the winky face. A few of the things mentioned by you I didn't catch..

So wanting the Ags to beat the Wildcats again this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.