Hoop Seen: Will anyone have a bigger weekend than A&M?

3,292 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
Pumpkinhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.hoopseen.com/node/3017

Recruits visiting:

tJ Starks
Victor Bailey Jr
savion Flagg
Matt Mayer
Quintin Grimes
Sahvir Wheeler
GoodAg Paulie
AG
What did Hoop see??
Bunk Moreland
Keep Recruiting BK. Just keep recruiting.
jja79
AG
Not a bad hoops scene at all.
RoseRichAg01
Definitely a nice group.
GE
AG
'17 TJ Starks - committed
6'2" 185 Point Guard
#165 in 247 composite

'17 Victor Bailey Jr - 100% crystal balls to A&M
6'3" 165 Point Guard
#84 in 247 composite

'17 Savion Flagg - 100% crystal balls to A&M
6'6" 190 Small Forward
#70 in 247 composite

'18 Matt Mayer - 100% crystal balls to A&M
6'7", 190 Small Forward
#95 in 247 composite

'18 Quintin Grimes - 50% to Duke 50% to A&M
6'4" shooting guard
#32 in 247 composite

'19 Sahvir Wheeler
5'6" 155 Point Guard
#79 in 247 rankings. Not in composite rankings

You have to feel pretty good about this, especially from a numbers standpoint. The only piece missing here is a standout power forward or center
GE
AG
If we don't land a quality big in the '17 class or pull in a transfer, Vila better start eating
phorizt
Is Brooks not coming this weekend?
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Is Brooks not coming this weekend?

Doesn't look like it. Indicates that we are likely out of contention. my money is still on Pearl who has been throwing the kitchen sink at him and has the advantage of being in the same town as mom if Brooks stays local at Auburn. Then of course his dad is an assistant coach at Miss State. Just Too many factors working against the Ags in that one probably, nixing the official visit plan.
Morpholino
AG
Nice
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
If we don't land a quality big in the '17 class or pull in a transfer, Vila better start eating

Do you mean another quality big?
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
Do you mean another quality big?
No. I had completely forgotten about Jasey. It would be nice to get another but not an absolute necessity unless Davis leaves.
Hop
Staff
AG
Actually, I think they do need another post player in 2017-2018.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
'17 TJ Starks - committed
6'2" 185 Point Guard
#165 in 247 composite
The ESPN recruiting analysts apparently haven't watched Starks at all to even give him a ranking.

They recently updated their 2017 basketball recruiting rankings and don't have Starks listed as a top-24 player in the state of Texas, presumably because his Scout Grade is NR (i.e., haven't given him a grade yet) to be eligible for the rankings list.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/view/state/order/true/state/texas

Would be interesting to see what his ranking would be if they actually scouted him, but they do have that Marcus Garrett kid graded at 85 (#62 Nationally, #3 in Texas) and from what I can tell, Starks in his head-to-head recent matchup vs. Garrett in that GASO looked just as impressive (if not more so) in that game.

GE
AG
quote:
Need one but it's not a season killer if we don't get one as long as Vila can play stretch 4 and hold his own on D by then. Also, while it appears likely that Trocha is gone, you never know for sure until they go.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
quote:
Need one but it's not a season killer if we don't get one as long as Vila can play stretch 4 and hold his own on D by then. Also, while it appears likely that Trocha is gone, you never know for sure until they go.

I think he's more of a perimeter player, but we'll see.
burlesona
AG
Pretty solid in terms of depth and numbers. I'd love to see us getting in the mix on more guys like Grimes, in the top 50 composite. But getting a full roster and pipeline that's top 100 is a big step.
greg.w.h
AG
Looks good. One could even make an intrepid comment about BCG and MT recruiting quality v. BK's at this point that trends positively.
agfan1030
GE
AG
quote:
Looks good. One could even make an intrepid comment about BCG and MT recruiting quality v. BK's at this point that trends positively.
I believe Kennedy has had more four and five star recruits or former four and five star recruits join the program in the last three seasons than Turge and BCG did combined in 7. If not more it's damn close. Even if you subtract out Robinson and Thomas.

Edit: I'm in no way casting aspersions towards BCG or Turgeon, they recruited well enough for us to make the tournament 6 years running. Just pointing out what a high level we are recruiting at currently.
Tango Mike
quote:
quote:
I believe Kennedy has had more four and five star recruits or former four and five star recruits join the program in the last three seasons than Turge and BCG did combined in 7. If not more it's damn close. Even if you subtract out Robinson and Thomas.

Edit: I'm in no way casting aspersions towards BCG or Turgeon, they recruited well enough for us to make the tournament 6 years running. Just pointing out what a high level we are recruiting at currently.
Kennedy has recruited really well the past 2 years, including landing a few really big transfers. The transfer thing wasn't quite as hopping in 2006, but that doesn't diminish Kennedy's success in the new game. Not all of those 4* transfers have been good though (Antwan Space, et al).
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Kennedy has recruited really well the past 2 years, including landing a few really big transfers. The transfer thing wasn't quite as hopping in 2006, but that doesn't diminish Kennedy's success in the new game. Not all of those 4* transfers have been good though (Antwan Space, et al).
Yeah the transfers the first couple years we're that great outside of Elston Turner. The last three have been nails. I still question the Anthony Collins one a little bit in that Robinson would likely still be on the team, but we made the S16 with Collins so I wouldn't change it.
txagssweetie2014
quote:
I'd love to see us getting more guys in the top 50 composite.

Agreed
alamoaggie 64
I don't think I have scene a bigger one.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.