Quick Flagg Update

2,308 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by alamoaggie 64
Hop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
I spoke to Savion Flagg's dad this morning and he confirmed their official visit to A&M this weekend. He also gave me the rest of their official visit schedule in this order:

Texas A&M 9/3
Northwestern 9/17
Miami
Texas
LSU

He didn't have the specific dates of the last three visits off the top of his head, but that's the order. Savion does plan to sign in the early period.
bobinator
AG
Northwestern? Does he want to be a journo?

Also -5 for the thread not being titled "Capture the Flagg"

Also thanks for the info.
Morpholino
AG
Thanks, Hop! Hope we can get this guy.
miller0926
AG
Well Northwestern does play Duke on 9/17.

But seriously, does he have a personal connection to the Chicago area or the school? Because what a random school for a top recruit from Texas.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Well Northwestern does play Duke on 9/17.

But seriously, does he have a personal connection to the Chicago area or the school? Because what a random school for a top recruit from Texas.
I'll ask him, but I do know that Northwestern was one of the first schools to offer him along w A&M.
bobinator
AG
Maybe they're effectively pitching him on being the centerpiece of their first ever run to the NCAA Tournament.
Method Man
MVP of their NIT team.
LawHall88
AG
quote:
With 3-stars Tomas Murphy (Northeastern) and Maxwell Evans (Vanderbilt) also recently pledging their futures elsewhere, Northwestern's list of realistic prospects with standing offers has been whittled down to just three: Texas wing Savion Flagg, 6-foot-8 shooter Jordan Nwora, and New Hampshire two-guard Anthony Gaines.

Of the three, the electric Flagg is undoubtedly the most-coveted prize. He is hovering just below the top 50 of most national rankings for his class (No. 70 per 247Sports), and his combination of eye-popping bounce, a grown-man's build, and a cultured offensive skill-set give him all the tools to be a foundational player for Coach Collins' desired Northwestern basketball revolution.

For those of you skeptical that the 'Cats have a legitimate chance of landing a near-five-star from a Texas town over 1,000 miles south of Evanston, there is some evidence to suggest that Flagg is intrigued by the opportunity to be the lynchpin of a movement to build a smaller program into national relevance. He has named Northwestern in a list of what are now the final eight schools he is considering, and will be making his first official visit to campus on September 17th, the day of the Duke football game.

The bad news is that the other seven schools on that list who have extended offers to him include Oregon, Florida, and Miami (schools with national championship pedigree), as well as Texas and Texas A&M (huge programs that are close to home). With last year's Pac-12 champion and NCAA Tournament No. 1 seed Oregon pursuing him heavily, as well as suggestions that he has a strong desire to remain in the state of Texas for college, Collins faces a steep uphill battle to secure Flagg's commitment. However, if the Wildcat head coach can do the seemingly impossible and lure the country's No. 15 small forward up north, the entire narrative surrounding this 2017 class will change, and it could turn into one that is remembered in Northwestern basketball circles for a long time to come.

http://www.insidenu.com/2016/8/31/12647888/northwestern-basketball-recruiting-class-of-2017-savion-flagg-jordan-nwora-anthony-gaines
bobinator
AG
If we lose a recruit to Northwestern because our program is too nationally relevant then we should all meet at the Chicken
GE
AG
I'm in.
alamoaggie 64
:Northwestern? Does he want to be a journo?

Believe me, Northwestern has a lot more going for it besides journalism. You weren't thinking Missouri?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.