Season Tickets!

3,330 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Expert Analysis
2ndChanceAg96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just bought season tix for the first time. My daughter is a huge fan and figured why not. How does it work though? When do you get to actually pick your tix? Just curious. I paid the minimum for the balcony seats but didn't get any options. TIA!!
GE
AG
You don't pick, you get assigned what they deem the best available when it's your turn in line
Aggieland Proud
AG
Actually, I think they have recently changed the way seats are assigned. I chose to change seats this year and as I was told and understood, there will be a seat selection process starting in mid-September that will be similar to the Kyle reseating process. In other words, you will be assigned a time according to your priority points and that you will select where your seats at your appointed time. I would assume that process applies to new season ticket holders as well.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
The reason I ask is because I wanted to upgrade if I could but was never given the choice.
Expert Analysis
AG
So you were not allowed to buy tickets that had donation requirements when you bought new tickets? The basketball ticketing is pretty bad. I renewed my seats already. If I decided now to get some more I cannot do it on line. Why would they exclude people from getting additional seats after they complete the renewal process...
Aggieland Proud
AG
2ndChance, if in fact the basketball seat selection is like the Kyle process, you should be able to upgrade if something is available when your selection time comes up. I know during the most recent Kyle selection that was an option and if you chose to upgrade, you were billed for the extra cost associated with that seat section.
miller0926
AG
New season ticket holder this year too, and this was the email we got August 11th:

quote:
Howdy!

Thank you for your recent basketball season ticket renewal or new seat order. You are now opted into the seat selection process which will take place in late September. Seat selection appointment times and available inventory for 2016-17 will be sent via email and standard mail the week of Aug. 22.

If you are a current season ticket holder wishing to relocate seats but fail to log in for your appointment or do not find a desired location, you will retain your current location.

If you are a current season ticket holder who purchased additional seats but fail to log in or do not select seats during your appointment time, your new seats will be allocated automatically based on the best inventory available at the time of your appointment.

If you are a new season ticket holder but fail to log in or do not select seats during your appointment time, your seats will be allocated automatically based on the best inventory available at the time of your appointment.

If you no longer wish to participate in the seat selection process, please opt out via the Member's Area of 12thmanfoundation.com.

More information will be forthcoming later this month. Thank you for your support of basketball at Texas A&M!

So like Farmer Ag said it is pretty much exactly like the football ticket process. Make sure you go opt in though.
aggiespiritDAD
No mail or email yet.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Jason Cook on the radio this morning said that basketball season tickets sales are currently at around 4500. He said that was double from the number of season tickets sold 2 years ago.
GE
AG
quote:
Jason Cook on the radio this morning said that basketball season tickets sales are currently at around 4500. He said that was double from the number of season tickets sold 2 years ago.
So apparently there is a correlation between having a good team and ticket sales? Who would have ever guessed
mhayden
I'd be interested to see what the #'s are compared to just last year. Last year they had the cheap upper level seats and a home schedule that had K-State, Baylor and the Kentucky SEC draw.

This year the non-conference stinks and there's a high likelihood that we don't have a home game vs Kentucky.

I'd bet the STH jump from 2015->2016 was pretty significant, with 2016->2017 (this season) being pretty stagnant.
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
I'd be interested to see what the #'s are compared to just last year. Last year they had the cheap upper level seats and a home schedule that had K-State, Baylor and the Kentucky SEC draw.

This year the non-conference stinks and there's a high likelihood that we don't have a home game vs Kentucky.

I'd bet the STH jump from 2015->2016 was pretty significant, with 2016->2017 (this season) being pretty stagnant.

Mhayden, Cook stated in the interview that they have sold 1000 more season tickets than last year (currently at 4500 and are pushing for 5000). And is double from what they sold two years ago.

Note that Gabe's interview with Cook is still pinned to the top of Premium and his quotes are in the written notes.
mhayden
Good to hear.

Just hoping we get lucky and a home game with UK again to make this home schedule not completely terrible.
2ndChanceAg96
AG
I haven't received an email or anything talking about my seats or what to do. I will try and log in and see what I can find out.

Edit to say that I tried to login and all it would tell me is that my ticket order has been submitted. I would like to up my donation for better seats if I can but it appears that ticket sales are pretty high so this may not be an option for me. It does sound like from what FarmerAg has said if they are available in September when my time comes then I may be able to upgrade.
HarleySpoon
AG
My email on upgrading tickets a few weeks ago said appointment times for upgrading would be sent out the week of August 22nd. I called the TMF this morning and told them I had not received an email with my appointment time. The young lady at the TMF checked with a supervisor and then told me the appointment time emails are supposed to go out this afternoon. That's what I know.
aggiespiritDAD
Thanks for the update.
Hop
Staff
AG
quote:
Good to hear.

Just hoping we get lucky and a home game with UK again to make this home schedule not completely terrible.

I think it will likely happen.
GE
AG
quote:
quote:
Good to hear.

Cook seemed to think we had a good home conference schedule on the radio, but maybe he was just trying to pimp ticket sales.
miller0926
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Good to hear.

Cook seemed to think we had a good home conference schedule on the radio, but maybe he was just trying to pimp ticket sales.
This is what I would hope for:

Confirmed
LSU
Arkansas
Mizzou

Hopeful
Kentucky
Florida
Vandy
Georgia
Tennessee (name recognition)
Mississippi St. (this is just off me predicting they will be the best this year of Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, and USCe)
miller0926
AG
Still no email here
HarleySpoon
AG
Same here....still no email.
GE
AG
Person on the phone said the process itself will take place in late September but we will definitely get an email about it.

Of course I could call back and likely get a completely more helpful or less helpful answer from someone else depending on who answers the phone.
Expert Analysis
AG
first game isn't until november they will print the tickets a couple/few weeks before that. i would guess emails are sent by the end of next week and the whole process wraps up by the end of the month.
GE
AG
quote:
first game isn't until november they will print the tickets a couple/few weeks before that. i would guess emails are sent by the end of next week and the whole process wraps up by the end of the month.
They just need to get better at not over-promising on what they can deliver. It's fine to have an internal goal/deadline to get the email out by mid to late August, but they shouldn't announce that to customers unless they know they can meet it. For an announced date to slip every once in a while is alright, but it seems to be the norm rather than the outlier with the 12th man foundation.

Most of us would lose customer business or get fired if this were something we did habitually in our jobs. Lucky for the TMF that they have a monopoly on original sales of tickets to Aggie athletic events.
Expert Analysis
AG
Got my email today. The seating availability maps are similar to what they did for football, so pretty much useless.

Week of August 29, 2016
Seat selection appointment times sent via email and first class mail.

Seating availability maps posted online in Member Dashboard.
Week of September 25, 2016
Seat selection appointments begin.

Reed Arena open Sept. 26 (10 a.m. - 2 p.m.) and Sept. 27-29 (7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.) for viewing opportunities and seat selection assistance.

Kyle Field offices open Sept. 26 - 28 (7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.) and Sept. 29 (7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.) for seat selection assistance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.