RPI falls to #46

10,355 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by Method Man
mhayden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
per WarrenNolan.

That means if we get upset Saturday, we need 2 wins in the SEC Tourney to have a chance.
PatriotAg02
AG
this loss means we need at least one in tourney
PatriotAg02
AG
Anything less than 22 wins and it's sweat time
BioAg08
AG
Yep. It's pretty simple, Saturday is must-win. I feel confident we can, if we play to our potential.
t - cam
AG
That is bad. Don't think beating bama at home gets us back to top 40.
Method Man
Know Your Enemy
AG
Win Saturday and we are in. Is there any way we don't get the double bye after a win against Bama?
CapCityAg89
AG
We were lower in that formula anyway. Probably about 40 tomorrow in the ncaa version.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Where was all this doom and gloom before tonight's game? I heard zero talk of having to grab a game in the tourney before tonight's game...only having to beat Bama.
Method Man
CBS and Sporting News said we needed to beat UF/Bama and win one in sect.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:

Say what? That's ridiculous.
JeffHamilton82
As always the rankings are not linear. We are as close to being #33 as we are to #49. A win on Saturday is important. Don't see losing a tourney game to the #5 seed who will also make the tourney being a bubble buster.
jml2621
It wasn't so much the loss as playing a team with a losing record.

The RPI is crap. Someday, the selection committee will wake up and recognize this.

We only dropped 1 on kenpom.
dcaggie04
AG
I quit paying attention to any predictions from Jerry Palm a few years ago. He isn't really that good.
Method Man
quote:
quote:

Check it
Ags #1
AG
Just cause they say it doesn't mean it's not ridiculous
miller0926
AG
quote:
Where was all this doom and gloom before tonight's game? I heard zero talk of having to grab a game in the tourney before tonight's game...only having to beat Bama.

Right here with you. I've been feeling this doom since losing to Georgia and thinking 13-5 is what we need to be safe. I still think winning Saturday and in the first game of the tourney will still be enough, but even then I wouldn't be surprised nor would I feel jobbed if we were placed in Dayton.

Saturday is a must must win. Even then though, we can't have bubble teams like Purdue beating Sparty tomorrow or else they could jump us no matter what our result is against Bama

Method Man
What makes anyone more ridiculous than another? We have no good wins. LSU barely qualifies. We have had numerous chances to win against top fifty/tourney teams and Kennedy has blown 80% of them.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Check it

I'm not doubting they said it.
dicollins
AG
Dumbasses like method mouse make this board a real stain ... Loser.
Method Man
I'm here all the time. A real basketball fan. Have never seen you post so forgive me if I am uninterested in what you think.

Kudos for "Method Mouse", tho. Very creative.

i will be there Saturday. Let me know where you're sitting so you can call me a loser to my face like the classy Ag that you are.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I don't always agree with Method but he's definitely a fan.
Method Man
I am negative because of three years of not making tourney and I am an all or none kind of person. I was the same way with Turgeon.

We are better, but we have to beat someone good to make the tourney. If we make it, we have to beat someone there. Can we? Sure. UF had us pegged and our answer was to play a Rob, green, house, space and Trocha way too long and Kourtney way to short.
mhayden
quote:
As always the rankings are not linear. We are as close to being #33 as we are to #49. A win on Saturday is important. Don't see losing a tourney game to the #5 seed who will also make the tourney being a bubble buster.

While the rankings are not linear, they are still rankings.

While I'd love to give the NCAA Selection Committee that much credit, I think it's far more likely talking points and whiteboard material being tossed around is more in the vein of "They are ranked #46 in RPI compared to Team X being ranked #35" than "They have an RPI value of 0.5875 compared to Team X with an RPI value of 0.5865".
Method Man
What was it before tonight's loss, mhhayden?
Hickory High
AG
Lol who are you? Method is probably the best, most reasonable poster on this board. He's the happy medium between guys like me and guys like Junkhead.

We don't know who you are.
jml2621
We're 42 on kp and 39 on ESPN RPI - that's barely on the good side of the bubble. Saturday is a must game.
The team, the coaches, and the fans must bring it.

I disagree sometimes with MM, although much less so lately, but he lives and breathes Aggie basketball.
PJYoung
AG
There was maybe two of our six years in our run that this board didn't freak out about our chances down the stretch when in reality we were already safely in. Beat Bama and we are in. End of story.
Biz Ag
AG
quote:
Win Saturday and we are in. Is there any way we don't get the double bye after a win against Bama?

Georgia's loss to UK gives them seven in conference. LSU can only match our win total and we own the tiebreaker with them. So win Safurday and at worst we're the four seed in the SEC tournament.

If we beat Bama and Vanderbilt somehow upsets Ole Miss, we're the three seed.
jt16
AG
quote:
Lol who are you? Method is probably the best, most reasonable poster on this board. He's the happy medium between guys like me and guys like Junkhead.

We don't know who you are.

You guys can't complain about not having enough fans, and then tell guys to go away. Question his tact sure, but acting like some sort of small fraternity isn't going to draw in more fans. You can't have it both ways.
Ben Diamond
Method Man is one of the best posters on this board.
The Collective
AG
what a dumbass
Pumpkinhead
AG
quote:
Method is probably the best, most reasonable poster on this board.

Technically the second best, most reasonable poster on this board.

Hickory High
Hickory High
AG
I'm sorry if that's what you thought I meant.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.