Coach Cal on Realignment

2,616 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by BeeringAintEasy
DeftShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Do you know what the buyout is in the SEC (for a school that wants to leave the conference)? It’s zero. If you want to leave, beat it. You will be replaced in 45 seconds. It’s zero. That’s the buyout,” Calipari said.

Funny shot at the ACC, Big East, and Big 12. Passing rules more and more regulations on leaving their garbage conferences.

Welcome to the SEC! The conference that will not hold a school hostage.
UtayAg
AG
I've seen the SEC By-Laws. There isn't even a section which deals with or talks about withdrawal. They do have a little section that talks about how you can be kicked out though. Kinda different than the Big I've Lost Count.
Lance Uppercut
AG
Just wondering....how can you be kicked out?
UtayAg
AG
By a two-thirds vote of the members. Easy peasy.
DeftShooter

*edit* did some research, guy above me is right... Please dont kick out my Wildcats A&M.... Please we'll get better at football i promise!!!!!

3.1 MEMBERSHIP, TERMINATION, SUSPENSION AND DUES
*3.1.1 Number of Members. The number of members of the Conference shall be set by the Chief Executive Officers.
[Revised 5/30/91]
*3.1.2 Granting of Membership. Membership may be granted by invitation of the Conference at a regular or called
meeting. A three-fourths vote of members is required to extend an invitation for membership. [Revised 5/30/91]
*3.1.3 Suspension of Membership. Two-thirds of the membership may vote to suspend a member at any time, either
indefinitely or for a stated period, for any conduct deemed to be incompatible with membership.
*3.1.4 Termination of Membership. Membership may be terminated at a regular meeting, either by resignation or by
action of the Conference through a vote of two-thirds of the members. If termination is voted by the Conference, the
Conference shall determine the effective date of the termination

http://sec.xosdigitallabs.com/Portals/3/SEC%20Website/football/Constitution.pdf

[This message has been edited by DeftShooter (edited 11/2/2011 2:55p).]
Pumpkinhead
AG
Since other conf do have buyouts and like to sue, unfortunately we've seen firsthand that it can take longer than 45 seconds to join the southeastern conf.
BeeringAintEasy
AG
quote:
By a two-thirds vote of the members. Easy peasy.

If the Big 12 had this rule, would Baylor have lasted this long?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.