Is this a glitch? Post icons switching

1,288 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ooshwa
G. hirsutum Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There is a poster on the outdoor board that always uses the same icon on his posts (the sunglasses) but he swears that is the only one available on his phone (I have no idea what kind of phone he has). I decided to search by his user name and the search page shows several different icons being used. But when clicked on to view the post inside the actual thread page, the post icon has changed to the sunglasses.

Search page showing different icons

One post showing the notepad icon on the search page but showing up as the sunglasses on the thread page.

I'm just curious if this is some kind of glitch or what. I don't buy that the only icon that shows up for him is the sunglasses but after searching maybe there is something to it. Every single post on the search page showed the same kind of switching. Probably isn't my place to ask about but it is really odd.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
The search results are showing the icon associated with the thread, not the user's post.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Oh ok. That makes sense. So the poster must just insist on using the sunglasses icon for every post. Thanks
ooshwa
Staff
AG
That is my conclusion as well
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.