Tutorial: Posting a picture in the TexAgs forums with Imgur [updated]

50,446 Views | 307 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by dustytool
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
To post a picture in our forums, you must first upload the picture to the internet. You can use any number of services available today, including Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Photos, Instagram and many others. This tutorial will show you have to upload a photo using the Imgur.com service.

Note: "rookies" can only post links to photos

To better manage your photos over time, it is recommended you create a Imgur account, but you can follow these instructions without creating one. (NOTE: if you do not create an account, you will not be able to remove the photo after you leave the page).

STEP 1: Go to http://imgur.com and click on New post in the upper left corner.

STEP 2: Select Browse OR drag images to the window.

STEP 3: Choose the image on your computer that you want to upload, then click Open.

STEP 4: Once your post is created, hover your mouse over the image, click on the arrow in the upper right corner of the photo and then click Get share links.

STEP 5: Look for the "BBCode (Forums)" box and click Copy.

STEP 6: In your TexAgs post, right click on your post text box and then click Paste, OR press CTRL+V on your keyboard.

STEP 7: Once you've pasted, the image will automatically appear in your post editor (NOTE: image will appear larger once posted).
mavaggie08
AG
roxtar
AG
Guys, I did everything in those instructions and posted a picture the other day. But it only shows up as a link and the post does not seem to render the image directly.

Is there something I am missing?

#noob
ooshwa
Staff
AG
sorry roxtar, rookies can only post links to pictures, not the pictures themselves.

i'll add it to the faq
Eskimo D. Walker
AG
I still can't get this to work for me. I've followed the instructions explicitly but all I get is a broken image icon in my post.
redline248
AG
Why not just instruct to copy the bb code link and paste that into the reply text field? No need to click the photo button (which doesn't exist on mobile, anyway) and works more often than the direct link.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
My hope is to help familiarize users with our interface (as opposed to them pasting a code they don't understand).

This tutorial is intended for desktop users. The IMGUR interface is quite different for mobile too.
redline248
AG
I think this needs an update, as imgur changed its format.

Also, on mobile, the photos no longer open in their own tab when clicked. Is that a TexAgs thing, imgur thing, or browser (chrome) thing? It now opens to the imgur website.
gman4455
Staff
AG
redline248 said:

I think this needs an update, as imgur changed its format.

Also, on mobile, the photos no longer open in their own tab when clicked. Is that a TexAgs thing, imgur thing, or browser (chrome) thing? It now opens to the imgur website.
I've updated the tutorial to work with the newer version of Imgur.com. Since their update, it's not a simple process to get the direct image link anymore. Now, you can use the BBCode share link to post Imgur images on TexAgs.
Gus Fring
SabineAg
AG
I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures from the Imgur app on my phone and nothing I've tried seems to work. Could you maybe elaborate on what needs to be done?
tandy miller
AG
IYACYAS12 said:

I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures from the Imgur app on my phone and nothing I've tried seems to work. Could you maybe elaborate on what needs to be done?
Imgur is a pain in the ass to upload on mobile... On an iphone, the procedure is as follows:

• Hold down on the picture until the pop up comes up that says "message, mail, etc"
  • click "copy link"
  • paste into texags. You will have to manually enter the IMG code, so the link will look like this: [ IMG ] your link [/ IMG ] (no space between brackets and letters

For some god unknown reason there is not an option to copy the BBCode (which includes the Script [ IMG ] [/ IMG ])
Human
AG
Human
AG
LeanderAg
AG

LeanderAg
AG

jonj101
Is there a limit on the number of pics that can be put in one post?
Ptery83
AR_Ag95
AG
Seabreeze
Seabreeze
InnerCityAg
Human
AG
JaneDoe02
AG
JaneDoe02
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Serious Lee
nm
gvine07
AG
Treyco10
AG
Worthless
Corps Turd
AG
Civil04
AG
Dr.Rumack
cagwell10
AG
TxAg76
AG
Jason Ag
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.