Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Cooked.wiki/

2,046 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Naveronski
SpiderDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Holy *****!! I just saw this on my IG feed! Do you hate online recipes that make you read the authors food biography before getting you to the recipe?! Well those days are over baby!!! Just type cooked.wiki/ before the URL and poof... No more having to read The Tale of Two Cities prior to cooking!
62strat
AG
I've always put any recipe in reader mode on my phone or desktop.
Cuts out all the pics and bs, easy to find ingredients and instructions.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
SpiderDude said:

Holy *****!! I just saw this on my IG feed! Do you hate online recipes that make you read the authors food biography before getting you to the recipe?! Well those days are over baby!!! Just type cooked.wiki/ before the URL and poof... No more having to read The Tale of Two Cities prior to cooking!
Every food blogger (who has never actually worked in a commercial kitchen) thinks they are both Anthony Bourdain the chef and Anthony Bourdain the novelist. No Beth, I do not care about how your grandmother made this recipe with you when you would be dropped off at her country estate so your parents could go to Vermont kid free.
rilloaggie
AG
Outstanding tool! This opens up the entire nytcooking cookbook that they put behind the paywall too!
HTownAg98
Get it while you can, because they'll be fixing that pdq!
rilloaggie
AG
It's already easy enough to work around their wall, just tedious. I saved most of my favorites in Evernote before they locked it down but it is nice to check the new things occasionally.
waryman
AG
rilloaggie said:

Outstanding tool! This opens up the entire nytcooking cookbook that they put behind the paywall too!

Gave this a shot but was unsuccessful. Would you explain how to do it? Thanks!
rilloaggie
AG
Take this recipe for example:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024757-spicy-carrot-ginger-soup

After a few seconds it locks you out and asks you to subscribe. But with the tool...

cooked.wiki/cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1024757-spicy-carrot-ginger-soup

Remember to delete the https
Bruce Almighty
AG
Most food blogs have a jump to recipe button at the top.
SpiderDude
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Most food blogs have a jump to recipe button at the top.

Yes but not always and they have annoying pop-up ads that render that button semi-useless anyway.
HTownAg98
That's pretty damn amazing. I tried it with 177 Milk Street, and it works there to get around their paywall too. I feel a little guilty doing it though.
rilloaggie
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Get it while you can, because they'll be fixing that pdq!
aaand cooked.wiki doesn't work on Nytimes anymore. Cooked says "The owner of this site has explicitly requested to be excluded from Cooked." Fun while it lasted. Back to just hitting refresh/stop until it glitches and lets me see the recipe anyway lol

Naveronski
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.