Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Anyone into at-home distilling? (for fuel purposes only... obviously...)

1,500 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AlaskanAg99
chichen file
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been poking around on here and thought I'd see if anyone has any experience with making (FUEL) at home. Any still recommendations, experiences, etc.
Duncan Idaho
No but I'd be interested in finding out the hows and whys.

Do people make fuel from grain or do they start with something a little easier/cheaper like bottles of two buck chuck or boxes of franzia to make a brandy flavored fuel?
chichen file
Making brandy flavored fuel does seem like a good way to get the hang of distilling and testing your equipment without going through all the fermentation steps.
Reel Aggies
AG
Mile high distillery makes some nice stills. Just make sure you have a fire extinguisher handy
AggieOO
you can guy everything you need, including stills and books at austin home brew.
AlaskanAg99
AG
The bigger problem is the amount of work needed for 40% octane fuel. It's takes a whole lot to make a very little. My brewhouse can make 20 gal of beer at a time and distilling that down to fill a small barrel is daunting. But if just doing washes using sugar or what not, eh, buying it at the pump is just that much easier.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.