Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Do you have a childhood favorite that is a guilty pleasure?

10,645 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FlyFish95
BurnetAggie99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kids like DiGiorno's Original Rising Crust Four Cheese
BMX Bandit
BurnetAggie99 said:

Kids like DiGiorno's Original Rising Crust Four Cheese

I'm your kid??
Quinn
AG
pinkdog said:

I am impressed with the number of people who like Totinos. I love it too. My husband can't imagine how I would think a Totinos is better than a Red Baron.
Tombstone > Totinos >>>> Red Baron
Orozco05
Bigballin said:

Hy top macaroni and cheese with a can of Vienna sausages

Hy Top!!!! Now that's a brand i haven't seen in a lonnggggggg time. I remember Brookshire Bros use to carry a soda called Rocky Top. I could drink the red cream Soda all day.
ursusguy
AG
Frozen brussel sprouts....literally frozen

Yes, I know I am an oddball.
Icecream_Ag
S
ursusguy said:

thats not a guilty pleasure...thats just wrong
Cowboy Curtis
AG
ursusguy said:

schmellba99
AG
Not a childhood thing, but a college thing.

I never got into the Totino's pizza rolls - but I did take advantage of the 4/$5.00 Totino's party pizzas while in college. I'd end up eating the entire thing myself. Sometimes added some extra mozzarella and/or pepperoni slices, cook a little longer to get a good crisp crust and it was a fine meal for a poor college kid.
BullSprig07
AG
This thread made me laugh out loud multiple times.

Feel like I should contribute though, I was a big fan of graham crackers and milk in a cup eaten with a spoon, looks nasty tastes delicious.
Texmid
AG
This always makes me think of eating breakfast with my grandfather when I was a kid. 40% Bran Flakes, sprinkled generously with sugar, and instead of milk he would use heavy cream.
pinkdog
HEB has Dr Thunder
shimmeringshark
AG
Skinner's Raisin Bran. I have to order it online in bulk and freeze it.

Otherwise, it seems you fellas didn't eat well growing up.
htxag09
AG
Every tailgate we deep fry some pizza rolls and mini corn dogs. Always a huge hit.
htxag09
AG
And for my childhood favorite guilty pleasures:

Frosted Flakes with bananas
Chocolate chip teddy grahams with milk. I put like 10 in the milk once I start eating them. Dunk the rest. When I finish the milk I have a glob of teddy Graham's and it's amazing.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
htxag09 said:

Every tailgate we deep dry some pizza rolls and mini corn dogs. Always a huge hit.

That sounds awesome... Why didn't I think of that.
HECUBUS
AG
Our kids is pizza night at home. Anyone/everyone can top a pizza crust. We found a store that sells good dough. 5 minutes at 475 - 500 on a preheated pizza stone then 10 with the toppings.

Top left 500, bottom 475.

CrottyKid
AG
I feel guilty knowing that everyone else stops eating mac n cheese and frozen chicken nuggets when they grow up.

I love the following terrible foods. If it is my job to fix lunch on Saturday for the family, you can guarantee one of these is on the menu.
Frozen chicken nuggets
Frozen pizza
Dilemex taquitos
Fish sticks
Chicken Noodle O's
Bagel bites

RK
AG
schmellba99 said:

Not a childhood thing, but a college thing.

I never got into the Totino's pizza rolls - but I did take advantage of the 4/$5.00 Totino's party pizzas while in college. I'd end up eating the entire thing myself. Sometimes added some extra mozzarella and/or pepperoni slices, cook a little longer to get a good crisp crust and it was a fine meal for a poor college kid.
I did the same thing....but I would eat 2 at a time. I believe I have even rolled one up like a rug and eaten it.
g_werch
AG
Anyone ever eat those plain white rolls covered with chili and cheese in Jr high? Those were amazing
ftworthag02
AG
Stouffers french bread pizza
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Cinnamon toast from the oven. Lots of butter.
UnderoosAg
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

ursusguy said:

thats not a guilty pleasure...thats just wrong

That is BY FAR not the weirdest thing he's eaten
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Two slices of Mrs Baird white bread, Hellmans mayo, two slices of Kraft American and tons of sweet pickle relish.
pinkdog
In honor of thanksgiving, I like the ocean spray cranberry sauce that comes out of a can and when you dump it out it's still in the shape of the can. Some people do many fancy cranberry molds and such but for me nothing can beat the can shaped ocean spray.
OldArmyAggie94
AG
pinkdog said:

In honor of thanksgiving, I like the ocean spray cranberry sauce that comes out of a can and when you dump it out it's still in the shape of the can. Some people do many fancy cranberry molds and such but for me nothing can beat the can shaped ocean spray.
My 10 yr old requested this instead of "the fancy stuff"
Ringo88
AG
I demand we have both kinds of cranberry on our Thanksgiving table every year for this same purpose. My kids prefer the "sliced can red stuff" and when whatever "natural" recipe somebody brings is sub-par, the Ocean Spray is there as solid back-up.

My favorite childhood comfort food is a Pizza Inn thin crust/ extra crispy with pork sausage. There are no Pizza Inn franchises east of Mississippi, so I can't get them unless I visit home. Plenty of pizza places are better, but that one may as well come served in a DeLorean.
heddleston
AG
getting a baguette from kroger and sprinkling Lawry's seasoning salt on every bite.
txagdan
AG
Honestly laughed out loud
ursusguy
AG
True.
AustinCountyAg
I am with the general consensus here saying totinos pizza and rolls, hot dogs, pb&j, pb&banana

however for me the best is Beenie Weenie
superunknown
AG
Ringo88 said:

My favorite childhood comfort food is a Pizza Inn thin crust/ extra crispy with pork sausage. There are no Pizza Inn franchises east of Mississippi, so I can't get them unless I visit home. Plenty of pizza places are better, but that one may as well come served in a DeLorean.

There is a Pizza Inn in Paducah, KY if you're ever in the area.
07fta07
AG
Goldfish
Golden Grahams
Pb&J and chocolate milk
Bruce Almighty
AG
M&Ms mixed with popcorn
FlyFish95
Bruce Almighty said:

Doritos, especially the salsa verde kind.
You just aged yourself. Ha!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.