Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

anyone make breaded chicken wings in the oven?

3,393 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Roland Schitt
gigemJTH12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Never tried them but I would like to know if anyone has a recipe that is any good?

The process seems clean and simple so I would like to give them a try
Beckdiesel03
AG
Yes I do and my kids and I love them. I mix either plain or garlic Parmesan breadcrumbs with 2 packages of taco seasoning which is enough for about 2-3 packages of drummettes. Then dip the chicken in an egg wash then into the breadcrumbs. Stick them on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes at 400.
gigemJTH12
AG
wait so do you break the wing apart and only use half?
Beckdiesel03
AG
I buy the drummettes only -just bc it's easier for my kids (and not gonna lie I prefer leg over the actual wing) but any piece of them you can do. My friend also took my recipe and added some ground up peppers and spicy dip to use. We normally will do siriacha ranch for adults.
DonaldFDraper
AG
http://altonbrown.com/buffalo-wings/

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/02/the-best-buffalo-wings-oven-fried-wings-recipe.html
fta09
AG
I toss them in oil, salt, and pepper and cook in the oven at 425 F for an hour, turning over once at 30 mins. They crisp up a little and I don't have to mess with frying them.
NATE AG03
AG
I've tried a lot of "oven" chicken wings only to be left with a flabby result . . . until I found this one. These aren't breaded wings, but this recipe uses baking powder (aluminum free kind) to create a very crispy exterior. I don't use the sauce in this particular recipe, but I've gotten great results with the cooking method.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2015/01/crispy-honey-sriracha-chicken-wings.html

Here's the video (he's kind of goofy but has good recipes)

Na Zdraví 87
AG
I've been doing the Alton Brown method for a while now.
NATE AG03
AG
Just glanced at the Serious Eats recipe. Looks like he uses baking powder like the recipe I posted. It works wonders.
GtownRAB
AG
When I "oven-fry" fish or chicken, do the egg wash and breaking like above. I spray a little PAM on each piece to help crisp it up, usually work well.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
http://lifehacker.com/alton-browns-secret-to-super-crispy-baked-chicken-wings-1787371537

Quote:

In his latest book, EveryDayCook, Brown shares his favorite method for cooking up everyone's favorite game-time snack: steaming the chicken wings first. Crispy skin requires high heat, and wings also require quite a bit of oven time to cook all the way through. But running your oven at such high temperatures for so long isn't ideal. Instead, Brown recommends you steam the wings for 10 minutes first, then bake them on a cooling rack resting above a baking sheet for 30 minutes at 425 F. At 20 minutes, pull the wings and toss them with your favorite sauce, then let them finish off for the last 10 minutes. This will get you crispy skin while avoiding the extra fat a fryer can add.
gigemJTH12
AG
GtownRAB said:

When I "oven-fry" fish or chicken, do the egg wash and breaking like above. I spray a little PAM on each piece to help crisp it up, usually work well.
so you egg wash fish, sprinkle with bread crumbs, and over bake?

wonder if I could do this with Tilapia
Roland Schitt
AG
If you happen to have a Phillips or other brand Airfryer, they make crazy good wings, just toss the wings in self-rising flour to coat, then cook. They come out incredibly crispy and they cook fairly quickly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.