Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Food Shipping Question

1,869 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by JYDog90
Courtesy Flush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live overseas and trying to have some things shipped to a buddy so he can hand carry them to me. For whatever reason, I am unable to ship dried black beans or coffee to him from either Wal-Mart.com or Amazon. Why is that? Is it because they are not considered non-perishable? Just seems strange to me that I can ship everything else under the sun except these items.
MookieBlaylock
AG
What country?
Courtesy Flush
AG
I'm just trying to get it shipped within the US. Specifically, from a Wal-Mart in Houston to my buddy's house that is just a few miles down the road. I'll just have him go to the store and pick it up, but it's got me perplexed as to why it can't be shipped.
62strat
AG
i went to amazon and they seem to ship coffee and black beans.. so I'm not sure what your problem is exactly.
Duncan Idaho
Have you tried anything else? My guess is that you are tripping a fraud prevention control
Courtesy Flush
AG
I have no idea. The only thing I can think of is that they are considered non-perishable. It's either that, or maybe Amazon and Wal-Mart are aware of what those black beans do to me and they are merely doing a public service.
Matsui
AG
HEB ships too as well
Bruce Almighty
AG
Coffee cant be shipped internationally because of drug smuggling. It can mask the scent with drug dogs.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I have jet fuel and death wish shipped all the time

This probably has everything to do with your overseas ip
rilloaggie
AG
Do you have a link? I have looked on UPS, USPS, Customs, FDA, and a bunch of other websites and can't find a single restriction on importing or shipping coffee. This sounds like a wives tale.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I have jet fuel and death wish shipped all the time

This probably has everything to do with your overseas ip

That is why I asked if you tried to buy anything else.

An American credit card from a foreign ip buying shipping something to another address will probably set off a few fraud alerts
62strat
AG
Did I not speak loud enough??

I went to walmart.com and amazon.com and was able to ship both coffee and black beans. This leads me to believe it has nothing to do with the items.. it has to be your location.

OP, do you have a screen shot of your issue? It sounds user originated.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Do you have a link? I have looked on UPS, USPS, Customs, FDA, and a bunch of other websites and can't find a single restriction on importing or shipping coffee. This sounds like a wives tale.
https://www.myus.com/blog/prohibited-items-what-you-cant-ship-overseas/

It really depends on what country you are trying to ship to, but coffee is one of the most common items.
brotheraggie
JYDog90
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Coffee cant be shipped internationally because of drug smuggling. It can mask the scent with drug dogs.
It's true. Axle Foley said so.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.