Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

My game day meal

2,133 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dustin999
Garrelli 5000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We had Katz's Deli shipped to DFW.

Reuben kit for 2 with corned beef (father prefers CB over pastrami). The kit includes 1 lb of corned beef, rye, swiss slices, russian dressing, sour kraut,and jar of pickles.

Frankfurters - damn good hot dogs.

Knoblewurst - garlic sausage. split and grill on a flat top, serve on bun with mustard.

I'm comfortable in stating that we won at the table.
HTownAg98
Sounds awesome.
With as much as we as Texans love to barbeque, I'm surprised more people don't make their own pastrami.
Bruce Almighty
AG
It's made from brisket right? I think many Texans are too set in their "there's only one way to make a brisket" ways. A great pastrami is just as good as the best brisket.
Theblondewonder
dustin999
AG
People ship Katz's Deli? I didn't even know that was a thing.

There's an awesome pizza restaurant here in Austin (Pieous) that makes their own pastrami. It's ridiculously good.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
There's an awesome pizza restaurant here in Austin (Pieous) that makes their own pastrami. It's ridiculously good.
That's my favorite thing they serve, which is saying something because the pizza is damn good too.
agcrock2005
AG
quote:
Sounds awesome.
With as much as we as Texans love to barbeque, I'm surprised more people don't make their own pastrami.
I was just thinking about that the other day. Might have to give it a try soon. Have a good recipe?
aggiespartan
AG
Game this week is on at 9 a.m. here. I'll be having some kind of breakfast and some breakfast beer.
aggiebq03+
quote:
A great pastrami is just as good as the best brisket.

I like beef cooked almost any way you can make it.

But the best brisket is so far above pastrami or any other way to cook beef, I just can't agree with your statement.

OP did sound like a great tailgate meal to me.
dustin999
AG
quote:
quote:
That's my favorite thing they serve, which is saying something because the pizza is damn good too.
Yeah I dunno, it's close. The brussel sprout pizza with marmalade and bacon is pretty amazing, as is the pastrami.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.