Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best Ready Made /Canned /Jarred Queso

2,511 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tailgate88
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Boards suggestions for best Queso i can simply pickup from the store? Something kinda unique would be good (as opposed to Rotel or something like that).
Potcake
AG
Austin Slow-burn (Hot)
Long Live Sully
AG
Green Chile Queso in the deli at Costco. Made by Leigh Olivers.

FIDO*98*
AG
Why not just stop and buy some at a Mexican restaurant if you can't make it? Most mom and pops and even Taco Cabana sells their's by the pint or quart.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Yeah I consistently just stop and buy some at torchy's

Everyone seems to love it
Potcake
AG
Because most Mom and Pop's use Velveeta. If there is a good store bought queso, what is the problem?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
quote:
Because most Mom and Pop's use Velveeta. If there is a good store bought queso, what is the problem?
agree with this. i'm in CS and a lot of the mexican restaurants here just use velveeta it seems like. Torchy's is of course good but it'll get expensive for 20 people. i'm thinkin maybe the boom boom at Chuys. that seems to be pretty popular too and per serving you get a lot more than Torchys.
MichaelJ
AG
quote:
quote:
agree with this. i'm in CS and a lot of the mexican restaurants here just use velveeta it seems like. Torchy's is of course good but it'll get expensive for 20 people. i'm thinkin maybe the boom boom at Chuys. that seems to be pretty popular too and per serving you get a lot more than Torchys.

Whatever you buy in the store will also be velveeta or some other processed cheese
Tailgate88
AG
Queso is so easy to make. See the Sodium Citrate thread. You can make it in like 10 minutes.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.