Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Favorite Bloody Mary Recipe

4,415 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jayelbee
Oso96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seeing how football and hunting seasons are right around the corner, what is your favorite bloody mary recipe?
752bro4
AG
I'm a fan of Dimitri's mix...follow the instructions on the bottle.

Never found the mix in stores, just on their website and Amazon.
CyAg
AG
I start with Zing Zang (and vodka of course - save your Chopin, Ciroc and Belvedere, I like Dripping Springs for this) over some ice in a tall glass. Add lots of horseradish, some Worcestershire, a little celery seed, squeeze a lime wedge and dump that in there. Then the magical and probably not so secret ingredient...

... Tabasco brand Chipotle pepper sauce, the smokiness really makes the drink to me.

After a good stir, throw in a couple of spicy, pickled green beans and there you have it.
Sazerac
AG
Celery salt rim!
Pickled crunchy things (pickled cucumbers or green beans)!

Zing Zang and finest call are good mixes. As are do it yourself.

No Tabasco. Use any other hot sauce.
No lime. Prefer lemon.

Lots of pepper.
fta09
AG
It's boring, but it's hard to beat Zing Zang mix plus whatever vodka you prefer. I add a drop or two of Dave's Insanity Sauce to kick it up a notch. Of course any other garnish you like in your Bloody Mary as well, and salting the rim is a must.
Post removed:
by user
Oso96
AG
Thanks for the replies. Anyone make their own mix? I've always used Zing Zang. I had one the other day that had a some Clausen pickle juice in it and was very yummy. I will have to try different hot sauces and see which fits my taste.

Thanks again
fta09
AG
I have heard to make ice cubes out of pickle juice, but seems just putting a splash of pickle juice in would be easier.
Post removed:
by user
fta09
AG
I think the other benefit of using Zing Zang is, as you can see here, it is generally well liked. With a few people and a few options of items to add, everyone can have what they want.
FIDO*98*
AG
- I use about 3/4 Zing Zang and 1/4 Clamato and season with Don Robertos michelada mix, splash of jarred jalapeno juice, and a squeeze of lime.
- Garnishes usually include stuffed olives (I like blue cheese), pickled green beans, celery salt, horseradish, and boiled shrimp.
- I rim my glass with Don Robertos Michelada Salt
dahouse
AG
Have to add homemade hot garlic dill pickle and/or hot garlic dill pickled okra, and a little of the juice from the jar...
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
rwv2055
AG
I usually go with 2:1:1 ratio of Vodka, Hot and spicy V-8, and Clamato. Couple of dashes of worcestershire, Cholula and lime juice. Garnish with your choice of anything pickled. I prefer jalapeno stuffed olives. Tito's or Dripping springs are my go to Vodkas
Garrelli 5000
AG
I've always been a zing-zang fan. If Mr and Mrs T's is my only option I'll take my vodka straight.

Started changing it up recently and have been using Clamato.

Recipe:

Ice to rim of glass
Vodka - with glass full of ice, about 1/3 of glass shows vodka once poured
A few shakes of Worcerstershire
A squeeze of fresh lime
A few shakes of Chrystal hot sauce (used to use Buffalo Wild Wings Blazing sauce but they changed it to stupid hot w/lousy flavor)
Clamato - glass now about 85% to my fill line (however full you make your glass)
Best Maid Polish Dill Pickle juice to fill line
BACON SALT - I WIN

scottywalter99
AG
quote:
- I use about 3/4 Zing Zang and 1/4 Clamato and season with Don Robertos michelada mix, splash of jarred jalapeno juice, and a squeeze of lime.
- Garnishes usually include stuffed olives (I like blue cheese), pickled green beans, celery salt, horseradish, and boiled shrimp.
- I rim my glass with Don Robertos Michelada Salt
Post removed:
by user
Sazerac
AG
Not rimmed
Post removed:
by user
fta09
AG
A Bloody Mary sounds great right now but I didn't think ahead yesterday.
Oso96
AG
That bloody mary looks like a meal!!! Homemade pickles?
Post removed:
by user
Oso96
AG
Now you are playing with my emotions! with the Cheddar cheese!!! Need to try
Deerdude
1 oz Cinco Vodka
4 oz V-8 juice
4 oz Campbells Consomme
1 lemon squeeze
splash Lea & Perrins
splash Tabasco
dash garlic salt
dash celery salt
notheranymore
Consomme...interesting!
rgarza35
AG
I am looking for off the shelf recommendations. I can't find my old standby Ballast Point.
HDeathstar
Redeye mix. Zing Zang has to much lime taste.
DPlainview
AG
If you go to Towerpoint HEB - on the end cap of the olive/cheese bar thingy - you can find McClure's Bloody Mary Mix in a jar. Made with a base of pickle brine, it is easily the best pre-done mix out there in my opinion. (Do not be scared off if it looks 'watery', just shake it up.). Simply add vodka and you are good to go. Their spicy pickles are also excellent and make a great garnish.

I've been ordering this by the case for years straight from McClures (Detroit) for Aggie tailgates (It is very, very popular) and it's just now shown up locally. It might be at every HEB, I can only vouch for Towerpoint.
shimmeringshark
AG
Demitri's is my go to shelf mix. Go to demitris.com.
BurnetAggie99
http://www.barbecuewife.com/

Barbecue Wife Bloody Mary Mix
Titos Vodka
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.