Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Reheating frozen tamales?

1,862 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by eric76
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have 4 or 5 dozen frozen tamales. What is the best way to reheat them? I'd like to serve for dinner this evening, so I have a couple hours to get it done.

For a few, I wrap in wet paper towel and microwave. Should I try that? Work it in batches of 6 or so?

Cover and throw in the oven for awhile?

Don't have a good steamer.
schmellba99
AG
If you have a vacuum sealer like a Food Saver, vacuum seal them and then warm them up in a pot of boiling water. Very good results that way.
Ogre09
AG
Put half in a big casserole dish with a little water, covered in foil, threw in oven at 350F.

Put the other half in a crockpot with a rack, little water in the bottom, set on high.

45 minutes later, both sers were still icy cold.

Plan B: wrapped in wet paper towel and microwaved, 8 at a time. Came out great.
sangredevino
Use a comal which is a Mexican style cast iron skillet until a lil bit of black on both sides.
Jetty
AG
I realize it's too late for OP but when we heat several dozen for Christmas Eve we use a big pot with small amount of water and steamer basket. Stand them up right with lid on pot and steam them. Works great.
eric76
AG
I usually just wrap them up in two or three paper towels that are soaking wet and then microwave for a couple of minutes or so depending on the number and size of the tamales.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.