Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

phoenix airport coffee

7,930 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DonaldFDraper
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So if you find yourself with a layover at sky harbor, head over to cartel coffee and get yourself an areopress or a chemex of coffee.

Holy ****, this is the best cup of coffee I have had from a paper cup.

Sad thing, the line for Starbucks was 30-40 deep.
FIDO*98*
AG
I am flying through Phoenix today. Thanks for the timely thread
HTownAg98
Zinc Brasserie in terminal 4 is pretty good for French bistro fare.
Wildmen2007
AG
Received an Aeropress with a metal filter for Christmas. It makes rich, flavorful coffee, but for how much I consume, it's more practical to use a french press.
youandwhosearmy
I fly through Phoenix a couple of times a year and always stop by there. Those hipsters make a damn good cup of coffee.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Zinc Brasserie in terminal 4 is pretty good for French bistro fare.
pfft. What do the French know about food.
Mookie
AG
I crave the scallops from cowboy ciao in sky harbor. Thanks for the tip on cartel.
edwardsk2003
AG
Absolutely love our French press....
Mookie
AG
Waiting on my cup of Ethiopian Chemex as we speak.
Duncan Idaho
Well.....we're waiting
Mookie
AG
Epic cup. Next to gate c18, Duncan you led me well.
BullSprig07
AG
This is really making me hate life chugging down this crap that been on the burner at work for too long. I need to bring an aeropress to work.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Cartel brews beer, too. Not bad.
dave99ag
AG
Headed to Phoenix in July, so this is good to know.
Doug Glatt
AG
Remembered this post and searched. Thank you, OP!!
Duncan Idaho
jrichgent
AG
My wife and I are hooked on pour over drip coffee. Haven't used a coffee machine in months!
terradactylexpress
Stopped by last weekend and had some, wasn't a giant fan of the cup I got but I still really appreciate the place
Philip J Fry
AG
Hitting it Monday.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Sky Harbor was smart. They gave local indy restaurants uber cheap leases in the airport in an attempt to promote tourism. I lived there for 8 years and can attest they have an amazing independent restaurant scene. I used to love grabbing a bite at the airport before heading out when I lived there. Sadly, DIA sucks...except for City Wok.

Cartel also brews beer in Tempe. Not mind blowing, but solid suds. Cheers.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Philip J Fry
AG
WELL worth the trip from terminal B to C if you have the time.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
Sky Harbor was smart. They gave local indy restaurants uber cheap leases in the airport in an attempt to promote tourism. I lived there for 8 years and can attest they have an amazing independent restaurant scene. I used to love grabbing a bite at the airport before heading out when I lived there. Sadly, DIA sucks...except for City Wok.

Cartel also brews beer in Tempe. Not mind blowing, but solid suds. Cheers.

Wish the Delux in Sky Harbor was as good as the one in town!
Mookie
AG
Cowboy Caio has fantastic scallops and quinoa in sky harbor.
tmaggie50
AG
Which one makes better coffee?
thriller03
AG
Layover at PHX today from Oregon. Stopped in and had a V60 of some Salvadorian beans. Proved to be really good.

Thanks for the heads up on this. I had it earmarked in case I flew through.
bam02
AG
I will be there on the 26th and should have time to stop by and will try to and report back.
schmellba99
AG
I am curious about the aeropress and french press style of coffee makers. I'm just not sure I can ****** myself up enough to actually use one though. And I damn sure am not going to start measuring coffee and water in grams. Eff the metric system.
Quinn
AG
quote:
I am curious about the aeropress and french press style of coffee makers. I'm just not sure I can ****** myself up enough to actually use one though. And I damn sure am not going to start measuring coffee and water in grams. Eff the metric system.
Why does one have to be a ****** to use a French press or an aeropress? I love my aeropress, and it's super simple/quick to use. And guess what, I don't use any special measurements to make it.
schmellba99
AG
quote:
quote:
Why does one have to be a ****** to use a French press or an aeropress? I love my aeropress, and it's super simple/quick to use. And guess what, I don't use any special measurements to make it.
Go watch any youtube video of how to operate one, you'll see. I probably should have prefaced my comment more. Don't get your panties in a wad, I wasn't talking about you specifically.
Quinn
AG
Didn't get anything in a wad - just trying to help someone figure out a good/easy way to make coffee.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Get a cheap press and Just dick with it until you get a brew you like.
True Anomaly
AG
quote:

It takes one or two times to know how much water and grains to use- after that it's pretty much second-nature. And the reward is a far-better tasting cup of coffee
DonaldFDraper
AG
Finally made it to Cartel for a V60 pour over Santa Isabel. Excellent.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.