Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

B-52 Brewing - Houston

30,286 Views | 394 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jock itch
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Just saw this as I was reading the news:

http://blog.chron.com/beertx/2014/05/b-52-brewing-is-open-for-business-in-conroe/?cmpid=hpfc#23706101=0

Awesome!!
jetch17
WorkBoots09
AG
Whoop! Congratulations!
Kyle98
AG
Congrats jock! If I'm ever in the Houston area, I'll stop by for sure! In the meantime, I'll be waiting to hear about any possible DFW distribution in the future!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Please tell me you will have an imperial IPA called M.O.A.B. - Mother Of All (Hop) Bombs.
Robert C. Christian
AG
And congrats on the opening!
dave99ag
AG
Might be a tad crowded after that Chronicle article, but wife and I might still make it out tomorrow.
jock itch
Thanks for the support guys!

As for tomorrow, we really have no idea what the crowd will be like given the potentially ****ty weather. Either way hope to see yall out here for some beers!
jock itch
quote:
Please tell me you will have an imperial IPA called M.O.A.B. - Mother Of All (Hop) Bombs.

We're going to do one more batch of the Wheat IPA next week since it's a decent candidate for harvesting yeast, but some kind of Double/Imperial IPA should be next in line! Also planning a Schwarzbier that should fall somewhere in between the two time wise.

[This message has been edited by jock itch (edited 5/30/2014 5:23p).]
jetch17
AG
Hopped & Screwed DIPA
Woxon
AG
quote:
Hopped & Screwed DIPA
Robert C. Christian
AG
Hopped and Screwed = DIPA
M.O.A.B. = Imperial IPA

Everyone wins.
CDub06
AG
Have the Saturday turnouts met your expectations? It's got to be pleasing to see strangers turnout alongside your friends & family and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Linz02Ag
AG
Gonna try to make it out Saturday with the family. Gotta find some leashes for the kids though.
jock itch
Been crazy lately trying to keep up w/ production, so my apologies for being slow to respond.

The first tour we were pretty happy w/, but turn-out was a little light last weekend which we actually didn't mean because we needed a little "chill" time. It was threatening to rain as well, so I'm sure that affected things. After the Chronicle article and some more Facebook advertising this week, we're expecting to get pretty slammed this weekend...so hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to yall if yall come out!
dave99ag
AG
Wife and a couple of our friends plan on getting there around 1pm on Saturday. Anxious to try all the beers.
jock itch
And definitely rewarding talking to people and realizing they legitimately love the beer. It's easy to be overly critical of your own product, so it's certainly nice to get that kind of feedback.
TX_AG_10
AG
Had the Pils last night at Red Brick! Excited to see you getting the name out! Enjoyed the beer, easy to drink and refreshing, perfect for a hot day!
KW02
AG
Let us know where we can pick up our free passes.
jock itch
Pshh...I was planning on charging yall double.

quote:
Enjoyed the beer, easy to drink and refreshing, perfect for a hot day!

Glad you enjoyed it! A lot of people are surprised when they find out it's 50 IBUs, but I think we were able to maintain a nice balance w/ the Pilsner malt.
Linz02Ag
AG
Had the Payload Pils at Red Brick last night, very tasty! Hope to make it out next weekend for the tour. How was the crowd today?
dave99ag
AG
Looked like a good crowd today. Thoroughly enjoyed the wheat IPA. Bummed I didn't get to try the root beer.
jock itch
Glad you could make it out Dave and look forward to meeting you out here soon Linz! We had no idea the root beer would be so popular (we've even done a few growler fills of it), but we'll brew up another batch this week for sure.

For the most part we were very pleased with the crowd, especially given Houston Beer Fest was this weekend (or is it still going on? that must be brutal to run a festival that long).

[This message has been edited by jock itch (edited 6/8/2014 4:47p).]
aggiez71
Thinking about driving down from College Station today as I'm heading to Houston, whats the word on bringing a dog on a leash and do we need Cash or does card work?
aggiez71
Thinking about driving down from College Station today as I'm heading to Houston, whats the word on bringing a dog on a leash and do we need Cash or does card work?
WorkBoots09
AG
My card worked fine. Didn't bring the dogs. Great beer though. Good to talk with you, jock. Keep on rockin!
metrag06
AG
Schedule is going to keep me from making the tours for a few more weeks. Can someone give a rundown of where else I can find some? I'd like to give it a try sooner than August.
jock itch
Right now our beer is mostly in Conroe/The Woodlands, but the Flying Saucer has our Pils while Moontower Inn and Hans Bier Haus have both the Pils and IPA (I think...I'm not that involved in sales!)

Will probably miss somebody, but:

- Red Brick Tavern
- Texas Beer Garden
- Fieldings
- The Refuge
- Hop Scholar
- Buffalo Wild Wings (Conroe)

I think BJ's in Shenandoah will have some next week and Goose's Acre and Baker's St in The Woodlands should be close behind. We're actually slowing down on picking up accounts for now because it's selling faster than we can brew it!

RedbeardAG
AG
Tryed to get the Pils at Flying Saucer Tuesday, but they were sold out.

May try and come this Saturday as long as dogs are allowed.
jock itch
Booo my brother and I literally just delivered two more kegs to Saucer this morning. They wanted a third, but we're completely sold out at this point. Good problem to have I suppose!

And dogs are definitely allowed, so no excuses not to come out now!
McInnisAg08
AG
Had the Pils yesterday at the Saucer downtown for # 162 towards my plate

--------------------------------------------------------
There's a spirit can ne'er be told
It's the Spirit of Aggieland.

We will never forget 11.18.1999
BTHO Bonfire

Est 1964 - 2011
McInnis Mad Men
RedbeardAG
AG
Stopped by today... One of the better brewery set ups I've ever seen.....to bad it's an hour from the heights..
metrag06
AG
Finally got to stop in today for a brief while to check it out. Great spot and great beer. In a few months when it's a bit cooler it'll be even better.
jock itch
Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind words. Have definitely enjoyed having you guys out here.

Anybody get to try the toasted coconut, coffee, and cacao nib infused Schwarzbier yesterday? I think it was our best Randalled beer yet and am considering converting it to a full batch sometime soon!
jock itch
Oh and a double IPA is next in line for anyone interested. We tried to brew it Friday, but our glycol chiller got struck by lightning so we're doing our best just to keep things reasonably chilled until it comes back online.

Southern Star was kind enough to offer us some of their surplus Simcoe, so the recipe should be heavily inspired by Pliny the Elder for those that have had it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.