My Dad's final flight home

1,456 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CanyonAg77
bks7204
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My Dad suddenly passed away on Sunday. He was a 20 year Air Force veteran.
I want to get a flight out of Bergstrom to Des Moines, as it was his first base. Just looking for any advice.
Would a small charter for the family be a dumb idea?
Ulysses90
AG
I don't really have any advice to offer about your question but I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.
CanyonAg77
AG
Sorry for your loss.

I'm a little confused. Do you want to transport your dad's remains on a flight out of Bergstrom, or just your family? A charter for either will be pricey, sorry.
bks7204
Sorry I guess I didnt define the issue we are having finding a commercial flight to work out. I would think some one that served 20 years in the Air Force could get a final flight, with family as a companion. Thanks for your kind words.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I can't help you with the charter but one thing I have learned from the Travel board is that there is a site called flightconnections.com that will show you all the nonstop flights in/out of a particular airport. In this case, go to the site and plug in DSM for Des Moines and you'll see where you can fly commercially in/out of that airport. Looks like commercial flights are available to Houston or Dallas but not Austin.
http://www.flightconnections.com/
CanyonAg77
AG
All I can guess is to get an airline customer service rep on the phone and explain the situation.

I know airlines work hard with active duty deaths, I'm not so sure that retured carries the same weight with them. But it is worth asking.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.