Someone tell the fish

3,157 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ag-bq-seventy
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That you don't go down to the field until we're up with 2 minutes left!

When we were fish we were told it was bad luck to head down to the field before 2 minutes. It happened at the 2006 Tech game and anyone remember that? It happened at the UCLA game and they were able to come back. It happened at this game and the same. We got lucky twice this season, no reason to risk it unnecessarily.

It's not like the fish even really chase and tackle the yell leaders anymore. It's like "run" 10 feet and fall.
Trident15
AG
It takes a while for the fish to get from their seats to the end zone. If they don't leave with a good few minutes left in the 4th then there wouldn't be any fish in the end zone at all.
bigtruckguy3500
I think they were all down there with 7 minutes left in the 4th. Considering how long it takes for 1 minute to go by in an average game, they could leave their seats with 3 minutes on the clock and still make it in time. At least we could when I was there. Not sure how construction has changed things though. Do they get to come straight from the stands to the field? Or do they have to go back up, down the ramps, and come in through that corner tunnel like we used to?

Also, I've calmed down a bit since the end of the game.
armymom
mickeyrig06sq3
AG
Quote:

It happened at the 2006 Tech game and anyone remember that?

It was '02. It sucked kneeling there and watching us lose in OT. The OD looked at us and basically said "Sorry fish, go back to the dorms."
Hey Nav
AG
Lot's of those guys were up high in the south EZ.

It takes awhile to get down to the field.

Chill.
CharlieBrown17
AG
It comes from the Commandant's staff, I was OD for UCLA. We were sent to wrangle the fish from their seats onto to the field.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Hey Nav said:

Chill.
If they were red ass they would fast rope from the third deck with no gloves!
Presley OBannons Sword
Hey Nav said:

Chill.
Tell the football gods to chill.
champagnepapi
JR69
AG
We used to just go over the rails
Spider69
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

It comes from the Commandant's staff, I was OD for UCLA. We were sent to wrangle the fish from their seats onto to the field.

Charlie is on point. I set (ocassionally when not standing) in 2nd level SEZ above a big Corps block on the lower level at the SE goal line & endzone. The officers or staff wrangled the ODs that moved the fish out with about 7 min on the clock in the UCLA game. I thought that was a bit premature. I don't recall the pulllout in the UT game, I was too busy yelling!
tgray99
AG
Aside from being bad luck...it looks utterly terrible for them to be down there, ties off, out of uniform, kneeling.
CharlieBrown17
AG
tgray99 said:

Aside from being bad luck...it looks utterly terrible for them to be down there, ties off, out of uniform, kneeling.

How you suggest fixing that then?

Stand so the first rows of the zone can't see? Chase carry and tackle with full brass on and ties on so people lose brass,damage uniforms or get hurt?
tgray99
AG
Don't go down 7 minutes before the end of the game so the cameras see sloppy fish.
Stive
AG
That's not how it works. Quit whining about it or go join the protestors in Austin.

Same mentality.
ag-bq-seventy
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

How you suggest fixing that then?

The Yell Leaders could just dump water out of water bottles on each other. Maybe take their shoes off first.

Or, go real Old Army and use canteen water.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.