Is this real?

1,378 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
Blue Bell Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whenever we get a new hire, management sends out a bio of the person. This was sent out today.

"Between 1999 and 2009, Staff Sergeant XXXXX led combat missions over Iraq and Kuwait in support of an Army AH-64 Apache Attack Helicopter Battalion, serving as Crew Chief and Squad Leader."

How does an Apache crew chief lead combat missions?
And if he did, where did he sit in an Apache helicopter?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
clarythedrill
Not even close to being real as written. Either there is a ton of embellishment going on by the "SSG", or the person who wrote the BIO and published it simply read his BIO and took some journalist freedoms and made some stuff up because they don't know how the military works.
74OA
AG
quote:
Not even close to being real as written. Either there is a ton of embellishment going on by the "SSG", or the person who wrote the BIO and published it simply read his BIO and took some journalist freedoms and made some stuff up because they don't know how the military works.
This.
Blue Bell Ag
AG
Thanks Clary. The more I think on it, I believe the manager who wrote it made it up.
CT'97
AG
And Apache crew chiefs are a bit touchy about the fact that they don't actually fly on their aircraft. It's a point that UH60 and CH47 crew chiefs bring up every chance they get. So I would doubt one would make up something like that.
Schrute
I see nowhere for the crew chief to sit...

Rabid Cougar
AG
quote:
I see nowhere for the crew chief to sit...

the Brits are always trying new crew positions.
http://www.defencetalk.com/pictures/showfull.php?photo=20680
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.