Corps fish meet the oldest living Aggie

2,676 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 93Spur
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
The man seated is Col. Tom C. "Ike' Morris '33, the oldest living Aggie. He is a combat veteran of World War II (D-Day +1, Battle of the Bulge). While a student, he served on the committee that codified Aggie Ring qualifications for the first time.

This is just a short snippet of video from this morning, but I thought it was very moving.

Ike comes to campus occasionally. He was at the Alumni Center this morning, then had a meeting with the commandant. He also met the Corps commander, Miss Reveille and her corporal, and other cadets.

If you don't know about him already, there is more about Col. Morris at tx.ag/IkeTurns106.

-Scot Walker '90
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
CanyonAg77
AG
Amazing. To put this in perspective, add 13 to your class year and subtract 100. It would be like someone from the class of 1890 showing up my fish year.
aggiejim70
AG
I had the honor of shaking hands with the good Colonel the past two Musters in SA, including the one where he got his new Aggie ring. It seems that his mind is just fine but he has trouble hearing and speaking. He was surrounded by his grandchildren and great grandchildren. When I was introduced to him, they wrote my name and class down, showed it to him, he smiled, and shook my hand.

Dig this. If you go back 106 years before he was born, Thomas Jefferson was president.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Matsui
AG
Very cool!
Serotonin
AG
Rudder was a pisshead his fish year. That is old army.
aggiejim70
AG
quote:
Are you sure about that Army? That would have been the fall of '29. I think Rudder was still at John Tarleton before transferring to A&M.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
93Spur
quote:
quote:
Are you sure about that Army? That would have been the fall of '29. I think Rudder was still at John Tarleton before transferring to A&M.
Aggiejim70 is correct. Rudder started A&M Fall of 1930. Rudder was a Jr. and one year ahead of Ike.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.