Blueberries being sent to Davy Jones' Locker

4,071 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Pro Sandy
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have had to buy more uniforms over the past decade as the Navy reduces seabag size... But at least now my uniform won't melt to me while fighting a casualty.

quote:
The blue-and-gray Navy working uniform, known as the Type I, will be dumped effective Oct. 1, Navy officials announced Thursday, though wear will be phased out over three years. In its stead, the digital woodland pattern cammies, or NWU Type III, will become the standard shore duty uniform across the service. The NWU Type III is a tactical uniform that has a reputation for being more comfortable and officials also anticipate some cost-savings by switching to it.

"We have heard the feedback and we are acting on it," said Navy Secretary Ray Mabus in a statement provided to Navy Times Aug. 4. "As a direct result of sailors' input, effective October 1, we will transition from the NWU Type I to the NWU Type III as our primary shore working uniform."

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/08/04/us-military-dumping-dumbest-uniform-ever/88048346/

type i left, type iii right
3 William 56
AG
I like this...already have the Type IIIs so no new costs to me, but not sure how this reduces the size of the average sailor's seabag.
bigtruckguy3500
I've been needing another set, but been putting it off waiting for this announcement.
zip04
AG
My issue is with the law currently written as is, officers do not get reimbursed for any of these uniform changes. I'm sorry, but the $400 I was given at commissioning didn't even cover 1/3rd of my original uniform costs, much less all of these changes within the last 12 years. Yes we make more money and yes it is a tax write off, but if the Navy changes uniforms, we should be issued the initial requirement.
Pro Sandy
AG
Eh, it won't be the last time the Navy screws you out of money
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.