Senior Boot Deposit

3,729 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zip 88
throwaway9919
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So a buddy of mine recently punched (we are both rising sophomores).

He had a deposit for and was on the waitlist for a pair of Holicks whereas I was late submitting my deposit and will end up getting a pair of Vogels.

Anyways, he is selling his deposit which he has agreed to sell to me. My only question is is how I should go about this and what the process would be for me to get his slot?
Tango Mike
I'd go ask Hollick's
champagnepapi
He's just getting his money back through you right? Not up selling his investment? Shady if so.
CanyonAg77
AG
quote:
I'd go ask Hollick's
Exactly. Doesn't matter what we think, what you think, what he thinks. Only matters what Holick's thinks.
TXAggieMom11
My rising Sophomore was #94 on the list for Holick's but we decided that the $400 difference would be better spent on a Saber. A buddy wanted his slot but was told by Holick's it would go to the next person on the waiting list. My son had paperwork to fill out agreeing to Vogel boots in place of Holick's.
So in short, you will be told no. The Corps submits lists of current cadets to Hollick's and once your buddies name is gone they will refund money down. No way to take his slot by pretending to be him.

On a good note Hollick's hired another boot maker and extended the list to 170 pairs for the class of 2019. With cadets punching you may still make the list for Holick's.
CanyonAg77
AG
We paid a deposit for my son's boots in '09, and Holicks lost it. He barely got boots in time for final review. I lost a lot of respect for them that year.
bigtruckguy3500
quote:
We paid a deposit for my son's boots in '09, and Holicks lost it. He barely got boots in time for final review. I lost a lot of respect for them that year.
Did they end up making it or did they order from Vogel?
CanyonAg77
AG
I think it ended that they made them, just very, very late. I'll take some of the blame, as my records were poor and I had a hard time proving that we paid.
champagnepapi
Shoot where are my senior boots?....haha jk
JR69
AG
I cringe every time I read a thread like this or about rings. I paid $95 for my boots from Holick's, $10 for my spurs, another $2.50 for boot bags - all new. I had my boots early spring semester of my junior year. Don't remember how much I paid for my Sam Browne belt and hardware. Sold the Sam Browne but still have the boots. Paid $35 for my saber - bought it my fish year because I wanted one that said AMC.
jbeaman88
AG
KHOU Bit on Senior Boots
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
I cringe every time I read a thread like this or about rings. I paid $95 for my boots from Holick's, $10 for my spurs, another $2.50 for boot bags - all new. I had my boots early spring semester of my junior year. Don't remember how much I paid for my Sam Browne belt and hardware. Sold the Sam Browne but still have the boots. Paid $35 for my saber - bought it my fish year because I wanted one that said AMC.
Just pure inflation makes $35 in 1963 to be $275 in 2016.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
JR69
AG
quote:
quote:
Just pure inflation makes $35 in 1963 to be $275 in 2016.
http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/
I was still in high school in 1963. I bought the saber in 1966, so more like $260 or so. I also paid $35 for my ring in 1968, so there's that.
Zip 88
Village Cobbler

#nostalgia
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.