I want to add a Danish movie I just watched on a flight from SYD-LAX to this list.

"A War" or Krigen in Danish.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3830162/

It's a 2015 movie is set in presumably present day Afghanistan and shows a Company size unit going on patrols and interacting with the local situations. The Company Commander is dealing with the loss of one of his soldiers, another soldier who is having trouble and then dealing remotely with his super hot wife back home is is struggling with raising their 3 kids, one of whom is a young boy who desperately needs to have his father present.

Under fire, the Company Commander - Claus makes a decision to take action that ultimately lands him in front of a Danish prosecutor. The second half of the movie is essentially a legal battle about who saw or heard what and when, etc.

All in all, it's a completely messed up situation. Not the kind of movie that Hollywood makes where all the problems are solved and the main character wins the war, gets the girl and lives happily ever after.

I enjoyed the movie and I didn't realize the Danes were fighting with us in Afghanistan. Hopefully you'll have an opportunity not to enjoy the movie per se but appreciate it.