Anniversary on Riverwalk

1,250 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by speck
Mule_lx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm going to a conference on the river walk this year during my anniversary. Works out great, in laws watching twins for three nights. First time away since they've been born. Rib coming with. Work paying for all. In need of great restaurant on the River Walk? Any type of food.
BlackLab
AG
Bohanons. Aggie owned as well.
treetop flyer
This time of year with the nice weather take a river taxi to the pearl and hit any number of restaurants. Southerly or cured come to mind.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Bohanons

It's true
GinaLinetti
AG
BlackLab said:

Bohanons. Aggie owned as well.

This.
jgh85Ag
AG
If your company won't care about dropping close $100 for a steak, the Akaushi ribeyes are great. Never had one at Bohanans but bought several at Bolners who I believe supplies Bohanans.
jgh85Ag
AG
Make that we'll over $100. Just found a menu that said $155
george92
jgh85Ag said:

Make that we'll over $100. Just found a menu that said $155

The meat comes from the Grand Champion steers from the Houston, SA, Austin and Ft Worth stock shows.
Mule_lx
AG
Quote:

The meat comes from the Grand Champion steers from the Houston, SA, Austin and Ft Worth stock shows.

That's not something to brag about. Meat from show animals is disappointing.
BlackLab
AG
I don't think it's actually true.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Can't dispute Bohanons. Check out little Rhein Steakhouse also for a more riverwalk feel. Catching the River Taxi is a good idea and depending where you are staying, it is also walkable if you have time you want to kill getting to the Pearl area. Many choices there. Avoid most all the other places on the river.

Pop on over to the Menger Bar for a couple of drinks, also check out Esquire Tavern for something different.
speck
AG
Do a dinner cruise. It's like 90 minutes. Choice of a few entrees. They take drink orders, then ship you down the river while you eat, then stop back at the restaurant to pick up dessert. You can buy a few seats or rent out the whole boat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.